Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Would Mayweather-McGregor break Mayweather-Pacqiuao PPV numbers?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
07-22-2017, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2017 03:38 AM by and the NEW.)
RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
Paulie def marked up on the left eye. That said, the guy was completely stomped by Porter and Danny Garcia three years ago, and even stopped by Sam Eggington (who?) this year. And that was when Paulie was in shape. He hadn't even been training prior to going 8 rounds with McGregor.

I think Connor is trying to give himself some false hope and build his ego up. Otherwise he would have bought in a top level guy, how about Jermell Charlo? He is a pretty similar outside boxer to Mayweather. But Connor knows that level guy would put it on him.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2017, 05:16 AM
Paulie could be the best sparring partner for Conor due skill, experience & not hitting hard. You wouldn't want Conor to get discouraged by letting him get tapped by the young dogs!
07-22-2017, 08:33 PM
Quote:"To say a mixed martial artist is coming into boxing and wouldn't be awkward is an understatement," Malignaggi said. "He's going to have his own style and set of things he does. He's got a game plan. It's not what people think.

"I'll put it like this: He knows what he wants to do and he has a method of how he wants to get there. The mechanism of how he gets there may look, to the naked eye, 'hmm, I don't know about this.' But there's a method to his madness. He's a thinker."

I'm not sure what Paulie was alluding to there, but there is no way that Connor is going to out-think Floyd in the ring. If he thinks that some kind of bravado hijinks is going to make Floyd expose himself, he needs to just shelve that thought for a rubber match with Nate Diaz.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-22-2017, 09:55 PM
Connor should have fought Khan for his first boxing match before stepping in with Mayweather... he'd get outbox until the latter half of the fight then win by brutal KO.
07-22-2017, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2017 10:42 PM by and the NEW.)
Some thoughts on the fight by probably the best trainer and guy with the most knowledge in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzPK6Vwj6aQ
07-22-2017, 11:25 PM
(07-22-2017 10:42 PM)and the NEW Wrote:  Some thoughts on the fight by probably the best trainer and guy with the most knowledge in the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzPK6Vwj6aQ

Good to hear Ben has his 'mmmmm mmmmm' on point.

Hunter, "stranger things have happened."

Me, "no they haven't."

Otherwise he is pretty spot-on with this.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-23-2017, 12:33 AM
Amir Khan would knock McGregor the fuck out.

Connor doesn't have much of a chin or a gas tank.
07-23-2017, 02:45 AM
Hunter nailed it. That is exactly how the fight is going to go down.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
07-23-2017, 07:26 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2017 09:54 AM by ViperSniper.)
To boxing fans that aren't giving Conor McGregor any chance against Mayweather they need to not focus so much on numbers here.

We can look at this as boxing or we can look at this as a fight. We aren't talking about a swimmer, a golfer, a football player, a basketball player or even a wrestler fighting Floyd here..it's an elite MMA fighter who is known for his striking & power who is fighting against (a 40 year old) Floyd.

Are boxing fans having the same mentality as UFC fans did when they heard Brock Lesnar was stepping into the octagon?

I really don't see why Conor can't land a shot that causes the upset.
He isn't a boxer but he is an accomplished professional fighter who is much younger, bigger, longer & who also happens to be a southpaw with power that isn't short of any confidence!

Mayweather isn't the type of fighter you need 12 rounds to beat him but moreso a moment or a punch. You can't say that about all fighters who may be infront of you all night or have the chin that may take rounds to dent.

Connor could have his Mosley moment but get enough on the shot to put Mayweather down..then all you'd need is a premature stoppage from the ref and there's your upset that was never meant to happen..

It's not like Conor is a fighter not known for his power or striking & although his punches may be horrible from a boxing stand point..he is still able to find the mark (Wilder anyone?) as a striker or a good street fighter might.

Conor not being a boxer, but a MMA fighter may ironically work to his advantage apposed to being the obvious disadvantage here. Styles make fights and this could really backfire for Mayweather

I'm picking Floyd here but really don't believe it's a given like the boxing world seems to think. Conor has much more of a shot than people are giving him & people may either be shocked or disappointed if he does land and make Mayweather work more than expected.

Conor has a shot here..
07-23-2017, 10:35 AM
Mayweather has shown he has a pretty good beard. McGregor will need to land more than one lucky punch.

I really do hope the fight will be competitive. But I can't get past the fact that we have a fighter with no real boxing experience going up against one of the best boxers of all time.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)