Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Would Mayweather-McGregor break Mayweather-Pacqiuao PPV numbers?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
07-30-2017, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2017 11:04 AM by ViperSniper.)
RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
Hell no he isn't a better puncher than Floyd but saw a video last week where it was bringing up numbers for punching power and they said both Conor & Diaz hit harder than Floyd but Floyd is much quicker & accurate. If anyone saw this vid then post it up lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2017, 11:24 AM
My mate big Dave down the pub who weighs 19 stone and has a beer belly can probably score higher numbers on a punch machine than Vasyl Lomachenko but who is actually the better puncher?

Black
07-30-2017, 03:46 PM
I saw on sports science that Mayweather and Diaz had similar power...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-30-2017, 04:15 PM
Again, I reckon Big Dave has similar power to quite a few professional boxers, punch for punch. But that doesn't mean he can knock a mu'fucka out in the ring! There's more than raw power to scoring a knockout, especially when it's the shots you don't see that do the damage. McGregor is used to seeing slow ass, crude punches come his way in the octagon. Although Floyd is not an especially big hitter in the world of professional boxing, Money's check hook will still hurt him more than any shot Diaz landed, despite the fact that Diaz technically can produce as much power in a single shot.

Black
07-30-2017, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2017 01:53 AM by Snoop.)
(07-28-2017 09:01 AM)Method Wrote:  Pretty sure its a rule, no?

Touching up any round after (inc 12th) is optional.

Good point. I mean that's what I thought too, but they had it listed on that boxingscene link. It was +165 if they didn't.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
07-31-2017, 10:58 PM
Mayweather is going to start killing McGregor with lead right hands as early as the second round.
07-31-2017, 11:03 PM
Brutal, so I guess you don't see this fight going the distance either?
08-01-2017, 07:42 AM
(07-31-2017 11:03 PM)Imperius3 Wrote:  Brutal, so I guess you don't see this fight going the distance either?

Nope, I don't. Everyone points to how Mayweather hasn't gotten a KO in a decade, or a little sooner if you count the Ortiz "stoppage" but those people fail to recognize that during that time Mayweather never fought anyone making the boxing debut that's never had to fight 36 minutes.

After a feeling-out 1st round, I expect Mayweather to start putting on a show in rounds 2 and 3, completely making McGregor look lost in there. And he should be lost; It's not his sport. McGregor will be getting tagged with quick, clean shots unlike anything he's experienced before. I picture Diaz a couple of fights back literally slapping a gassed McGregor around the ring and then think about how easy it's going to be for Mayweather to land essentially at will after a couple of rounds. I think about that gif of Mayweather landing 3 or 4 clean shots in a row on Gatti and see a lot of that happening to McGregor after a couple of rounds. I just feel that by about mid-fight McGregor is going to have nothing left and either his corner will stop the fight or the referee will have seen enough.
08-01-2017, 07:57 AM
Lets be real here. We have all heard the shit Floyd talks before about going for the KO this time etc, but this is different. If Floyd does not KO McGregor it is an utter humiliation for him and a stain on his legacy.

In fact if Connor makes the second half of the fight Floyd can hang his head in shame.
08-01-2017, 01:23 PM
I don't think that Connor will press the action after tasting leather. Floyd has been known to stink up the joint in there, so it may become one of those boring staring contests from mid-fight on.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)