Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Would Mayweather-McGregor break Mayweather-Pacqiuao PPV numbers?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
08-12-2017, 08:35 AM
RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
How's Floyd beating him going to reverse that shitty fight with Pac? Win or lose he came out of retirement to fight some UFC fighter with no boxing experience for a WBC belt. If anything it just means boxing is turning into more of a joke. All they need is for Kevin Hart to come yank the ref out of the ring and slide Floyd a metal chair.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2017, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2017 10:45 PM by ViperSniper.)
(08-12-2017 08:35 AM)Dickagon Wrote:  How's Floyd beating him going to reverse that shitty fight with Pac? Win or lose he came out of retirement to fight some UFC fighter with no boxing experience for a WBC belt. If anything it just means boxing is turning into more of a joke. All they need is for Kevin Hart to come yank the ref out of the ring and slide Floyd a metal chair.

Boom!

The Pacquiao fight should have been a career defining fight for both fighters neither did anything memorable, inspiring, impressive or great to secure a victory on the biggest night of boxing. It was a disgrace like a large portion of both their fights they got their legacies off of.

Regardless of age, inactivity or the money..Floyd Mayweather fighting Conor McGregor from the UFC in his next bout is not just another black eye for Floyd's career but a big fucking disgrace to the sport that this is able to happen. It loses further credibility that an unranked, inexperienced novice with no professional fights is not only able to have a sanctioned bout but be able to compete for a world title fight. It doesn't help that the boxer is not only the most famous boxer at the moment but also considered the best boxer in the world too.

The best thing for boxing is if Floyd puts on a boxing clinic finished with a KO and hope newbs who don't know what they're watching be impressed and pay more attention to the sport.
08-12-2017, 06:46 PM
https://twitter.com/DeanMathganham/statu...7340227584

Conor is pushing down on his neck, so yeah, I'd say it's a push. Paulie is falling down before the right hand is thrown, and I'm not sure that right hand even lands.
08-13-2017, 12:46 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017 12:49 AM by Dickagon.)
He could have knocked Paulie out and it wouldn't make any difference. Floyd has been doing the sport his whole life and McGregor has been doing the sport for 3 months
08-13-2017, 01:55 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017 02:04 AM by and the NEW.)
(08-12-2017 05:44 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Obviously he'll get schooled by Floyd...but can he make any noise in boxing in the future? He's obviously strong, fit, powerful and athletic. That's got to be a great base for a successful pro career.

Black

Na, I reckon any of the top welters or 154lbers beat Connor. Garcia, Spence, Thurman, Porter, Jermell Charlo, Lara, Trout, Martirosyan, Lubin. All of them beat him comfortably, some beat him spectacularly.

(08-12-2017 07:13 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  After allll the denying, tweets and interviews it turns out Paulie DID get dropped after all. Paulie has been double exposed for being dropped by a UFC fighter and shit talking lol

Paulie didn't get pushed like he claimed. But he got hit by an illegal punch (or perhaps pulled down, you can't even see that right hand from Connor lands). He didn't get KD'd legit. And posting those tiny clips is standard Connor camp behaviour. He still says he beat the hell out of Van Heerden, even though the sparring is up and it is obvious that an out of shape Chris got the better of him (but people still believe what Connor says even though they can see it is not true for themselves, because he says it with conviction). Connor is a master marketer. The odds of him winning even came in after that Paulie clip, LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!
08-13-2017, 08:59 AM
I agree with ATN. Paulie looks like that punch put him down, but it would've been illegal in a boxing ring.

Question: Buy or Sell -- If the unthinkable happens and Floyd loses by fluke KO, his entire career is undone, and this talk of him being an ATG is finished.
08-13-2017, 09:10 AM
I don't know about his entire career being undone, but I think it would tarnish his legacy a bit. He could also just say, "Well. I'm 40 years old, and I haven't fought in two years. But hey, at least I got my money."
08-13-2017, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017 09:48 AM by ViperSniper.)
Floyd losing in any manner would really hurt his legacy, reputation and all time rankings. I don't see how it wouldn't and it would put alot of his career (choices) into perspective..IF he were to get KO'd here.
08-13-2017, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017 09:48 AM by blackbelt2003.)
Nah. A loss doesn't wipe out victory. If you achieve greatness, you achieve greatness.

If you run a marathon one time but then bottle it next time out, it doesn't then mean you didn't run the marathon first time around.

If you become a five weight champ, greatest fighter of the generation etc etc, losing ten times in a row by first round knockouts to novices would also not mean you didn't become a five weight champ and the greatest fighter of a generation in the first place.

If you achieve something, you achieve it. What happens afterwards doesn't go back in time and stop you doing it.

It would just be a massive embarrassment for a faded former great.

Black
08-13-2017, 09:53 AM
Faded? Regardless of being inactive and age..Floyd losing to a UFC fighter after all the fights he didn't take in his career would be a massive blow. At the end of the day Mayweather has alot to lose here..unfortunately it's not money.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)