Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Would Mayweather-McGregor break Mayweather-Pacqiuao PPV numbers?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
09-01-2017, 02:50 AM
RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
I think McGregor wants no part of Golovkin. It's hard to find a balance with people competing in other sports. McGregor Mayweather just came around at the right time and was low risk enough for both of them
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2017, 03:10 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2017 03:20 AM by and the NEW.)
(09-01-2017 01:53 AM)Imperius3 Wrote:  I don't think people are interested in seeing McGregor in a boxing ring again. Part of what made this match intriguing is because McGregor was an X factor. People weren't sure what he could do in a boxing ring. Now that we know, the mystique isn't there anymore. McGregor won't be able to sell another boxing match, imo.

I would normally agree with you. But this is McGregor, he is a fantastic snake oil salesman. He had a huge number of fans believing he was truly going to beat Mayweather. His fans eat right out of the palm of his hands and believe everything he says.

He will push the old, that was my first time, I didn't have time to train properly and now with more time, I can prepare well, I have tweaked my training and fixed up my gas tank issues.

I tend to agree though, he won't want any part of GGG, but he has already talked about outboxing Canelo because of his slow feet. Again, something his fans will buy.

I believe 100% he will be back to boxing. No doubt about it. It brings too many fans to the table to cross the big names in the two different sports, and he can sell what he wants to his massive set of fans, and boxing fans are going to tune in just to watch the spectacle. I could even see the Paulie fight happening first, very very low risk facing this version of Paulie, who can't punch, is well past it, and way way smaller than McGregor. McGregor's fans can then say he beat up a former world champion, you can already see them believing it is a legit win.

On another note, Andre Berto was out saying he wants to speak to Dana about crossing over to the UFC (but he sounded high as fuck).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-tGjfGAJ-0

Get ready, the cross overs are just beginning on a big scale now (with Mercer, Toney and Holm already having done it with much less fanfare).
09-01-2017, 02:19 PM
Just so we're clear, if Conor somehow beat Paulie, you don't think that would be a big win for him?
09-01-2017, 03:13 PM
Conor n Paulie already have the storyline written out for potentially the next farced crossover event lol. The 2 can start round 1 with both hands behind their backs & mouth off until more odd activities take place..

Paulie via DQ wouldn't sell..so maybe Conor by early KO which sets up Mayweather-McGregor 2 lol
09-01-2017, 04:55 PM
6.5 is bullshit.

Espinoza says mid to high 4's.
09-02-2017, 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2017 05:49 AM by and the NEW.)
(09-01-2017 02:19 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Just so we're clear, if Conor somehow beat Paulie, you don't think that would be a big win for him?

Put it this way, do you think Sam Eggington would beat up Connor? Eggington is much smaller and a journeyman, he doesn't have great boxing skills or any natural talent; but still had enough to take out a shell of Paulie. Connor beating Eggington wouldn't be a big win, so I don't think beating Malignaggi could be classified as a big win either. If I put the shoe on the other foot, throw GGG into MMA against a smaller journeyman (or a smaller shell of a former world champ), if he starches them, I wouldn't call that a big win either.
09-02-2017, 05:25 AM
I want Conor to continue in boxing. I hope he does...he's good for the sport.

He'll need to start lower down, though, and work on his power. Ironically, the very thing that many pinned their hopes of him winning on turned out to be his weakest area.

He simply didn't hit hard. Like, at all.

For that reason he ended up trying to fiddle his way through the fight instead of going for it. At 29 he's never going to turn into a neat and tidy boxer, so his best hopes of being any kind of boxing champion is to blast them out and be aggressive.

Unfortunately, he won't do that without taking some low level tune ups and learning fights. He's certainly not blasting out any world class fighters with the tame showing he gave vs Mayweather.

Black
09-02-2017, 11:57 PM
His power seemed mediocre at best.
09-16-2017, 07:07 PM
Any word on the final PPV numbers?

I was thinking about this fight again, and while it wasn't a Gatti-like destruction, McGregor made the same mistake that Gatti did against Mayweather. He tried to outbox Mayweather.

McGregor would've better off just going balls to the wall right from the get go. Yes, McGregor probably would've been stopped sooner, but it was his only shot. Especially if he knew he couldn't last 12 rounds anyway.
09-17-2017, 12:23 AM
(09-16-2017 07:07 PM)Imperius3 Wrote:  Any word on the final PPV numbers?

I was thinking about this fight again, and while it wasn't a Gatti-like destruction, McGregor made the same mistake that Gatti did against Mayweather. He tried to outbox Mayweather.

McGregor would've better off just going balls to the wall right from the get go. Yes, McGregor probably would've been stopped sooner, but it was his only shot. Especially if he knew he couldn't last 12 rounds anyway.

I disagree. McGregor just didn't have the power to do that. He did better than anyone thought possible, and did as well as he was ever going to, considering he was making his amateur debut against a hall-of-fame ATG pro boxer.

It's insane to think a dude making his amateur debut would take 4 or even 5 rounds off of a pro like Gayweather.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)