Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Would Mayweather-McGregor break Mayweather-Pacqiuao PPV numbers?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
04-11-2017, 09:14 PM
RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
God he's slow. This will be an embarrassment. Being a puncher in MMA is different than being a puncher in boxing. Not only will he never land, but if he does it will not hurt Floyd. Bet your house boys. This is the easiest money that you can get.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2017, 09:31 PM
(04-11-2017 04:11 PM)Snoop Wrote:  Well you kind of are getting at that if you're going to use Maidana as some sort of measuring stick as to how McGregor would do. McGregor is a superior athlete to Maidana, and maybe he hits harder too. That doesn't make up for the HUGE disparity of boxing ability and experience. I mean if you also agree that Maidana would abuse McGregor in a boxing match, why would he fare any better against Floyd than Maidana did?

I'm not using Maidana as a reason as to why McGregor matches Maidana's boxing skills or success against Mayweather. I'm using Maidana as an example on why it's not so crazy that McGregor could able to land himself.
No point anyone bringing up what Pacquiao or anyone else couldn't do when out of all the boxers Mayweather fought, it was someone as crude as Maidana to (land) give him hell. Considering Maidana is one of the less skilled boxers Mayweather fought against..maybe he is the best (only) measuring stick on why McGregor might be able to land on Mayweather..NOT beat him or give him trouble..
Find all posts by this user
04-11-2017, 11:06 PM
Not to mention Connor wont be in MMA gloves...

The gloves Floyd will make him wear will feel like pillows compared to MMA's glorifide handwraps.
04-13-2017, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2017 03:59 AM by and the NEW.)
The more I think of this fight, the more well planned it seems from Floyd. McGregor is basically a 1 trick pony, a counter left hand. But Mayweather never gives opponents counter opportunities, he only pot shots from the outside. Mayweather will also be lacking a gas tank at 40 years old, having been inactive for 2 years, but McGregor won't have boxing cardio to go 12 rounds.

I reckon the hype for this fight would be way bigger than Pacquiao vs Mayweather, but the fight itself would be just as disappointing. Mayweather will pot shot every now and then and just coast the rest of each round. He may try to turn it on late as McGregor fades, but I still can't see it being overly dramatic.

Another epic fail of a Mayweather fight (which has basically been the case since his Canelo fight). The guy is talented as hell, but far out he is killing boxing PPV numbers with the dull performances against Maidana, Maidana 2, Pacquiao and Berto!
04-13-2017, 04:51 AM
I agree with all you've just said...apart the first Maidana fight.

That was entertaining as hell and Floyd had to show real guts and balls to scrape home in that one.

Black
04-13-2017, 06:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2017 06:34 PM by Snoop.)
(04-11-2017 09:31 PM)ViperSniper Wrote:  I'm not using Maidana as a reason as to why McGregor matches Maidana's boxing skills or success against Mayweather. I'm using Maidana as an example on why it's not so crazy that McGregor could able to land himself.
No point anyone bringing up what Pacquiao or anyone else couldn't do when out of all the boxers Mayweather fought, it was someone as crude as Maidana to (land) give him hell. Considering Maidana is one of the less skilled boxers Mayweather fought against..maybe he is the best (only) measuring stick on why McGregor might be able to land on Mayweather..NOT beat him or give him trouble..

I understand that, and what I'm trying to say is that Maidana isn't an example on why it's possible that McGregor lands because Maidana's boxing ability is far superior to McGregor's. We might be using different terms, but we're still basically debating the same thing.

I mean sure, McGregor's got a chance to land; just about anyone has a *chance* to land. But I don't think his chances increase based Maidana's past performance. That's more where we differ.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
04-14-2017, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2017 12:42 AM by ViperSniper.)
(04-13-2017 06:33 PM)Snoop Wrote:  I understand that, and what I'm trying to say is that Maidana isn't an example on why it's possible that McGregor lands because Maidana's boxing ability is far superior to McGregor's. We might be using different terms, but we're still basically debating the same thing.

I mean sure, McGregor's got a chance to land; just about anyone has a *chance* to land. But I don't think his chances increase based Maidana's past performance. That's more where we differ.

That's the thing though Snoop! Maidana isn't a reason why I think McGregor could land on Mayweather. Maidana is a reason on why people bringing up Pacquiao (or any other past opponent) not being able to land/have success doesn't hold much weight.

Nearly every single opponent Floyd has faced had superior skills to Maidana, yet it was Maidana that did better than everyone else.
04-14-2017, 02:57 AM
Maidana has more skills than Carlos Baldomir.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
04-14-2017, 06:19 AM
Who takes the presser guys? Connor's talk game is notches above Floyd and can see him getting under Floyd's skin lol
04-14-2017, 09:05 AM
McGregor is going to get KO'd in under 2 after looking like a fucktard in there.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)