Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Would Mayweather-McGregor break Mayweather-Pacqiuao PPV numbers?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
07-09-2017, 11:08 PM
RE: Potential Mayweather-McGregor numbers.
(07-09-2017 09:21 PM)and the NEW Wrote:  I'm surprised the social media scrap hasn't started yet. Floyd has been so quiet and McGregor has been respectful to date. I don't expect that to last, for either of them!

I'm surprised as well. They're really waiting close to the fight date to promote the scrap. They're probably banking on the fact that the idea of it will sell itself. I mean, technically they've been "promoting" it May of last year since the rumors started...

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2017, 12:55 PM
It'll sell a lot...because people are fucktards.
Find all posts by this user
07-10-2017, 07:59 PM
Whats the deal w all the Mayweather tax issue conversations that are rearing their ugly heads.

Man o man.
07-10-2017, 08:15 PM
I heard Mayweather is asking for pay extensions. The irony if this guy ever becomes bankrupt lol
07-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Well, I mean, he's gonna pay 2015 Taxes w this purse, and then the leftover will be for 2017 taxes. Then he fight again to restock the coffers? GGG? PAQ II??
07-10-2017, 10:25 PM
Floyd will never learn. The guy has needed to downgrade his lifestyle for a long time.
07-10-2017, 11:06 PM
If Mayweather needed money he should rematch both Pac & Canelo after Connie.
07-11-2017, 02:18 AM
Floyd can't fight forever, so he will be lucky to end up financially secure.

Fuck him.
07-11-2017, 06:32 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2017 10:57 AM by blackbelt2003.)
How the fuck is he spending so much money? It's not like he needs another house, car, Rolex or platinum chain. Do rich people get addicted to spending ridiculous amounts?

Black
07-11-2017, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2017 06:44 AM by Method.)
Quote:"The IRS wants Mayweather (49-0) to pay his taxes for 2015. Mayweather has earned an estimated $700 million in his career, Forbes magazine reported, including a staggering $220 million from his much-hyped fight against Manny Pacquiao in May 2015.

"Although the taxpayer has substantial assets, those assets are restricted and primarily illiquid," the petition by Mayweather said in a filing posting on Law360.com. "The taxpayer has a significant liquidity event scheduled in about 60 days from which he intends to pay the balance of the 2015 tax liability due and outstanding."

Mayweather, who retired from boxing after defeating Andre Berto in September 2015, took to social media to react to the circulating reports regarding his finances.

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear, especially when it comes to media in this country. While everyone is counting my money and assuming the worst, these are the facts... Uncle Sam, received $26,000,000.00 from me in 2015! What else could they possibly want? I'm sure I would have been notified much sooner if there were any real discrepancies right?," Mayweather stated.

"Bottom line, everybody just wants to be a part of the 'Money May' show, including the IRS! That's fine, you can crunch numbers all day but in the end, my empire is rock solid and intact! Now Calculate That!"

Im not counting the dude's money, but if you made $220MM in 2015 for the Paq fight, and then you went and fought Berto in 2015 as well, AND you ONLY paid $26MM in taxes, then you have a long way to go.

Consider the tax bracket is ~39% (NV, like FL where I live, has no state tax), this cat owes a lot of fkn money.

That would mean he would still owe ~$59,800,000 for the Paq fight, and whatever 39% of his total purse for the Berto fight (anyone know what his purse was?). Not to mention whatever else the fuck he made off of other sht.

Anyway.

If he makes $250MM for this fight w Mac, he'll owe $87.5MM for 2017, plus the $59.8MM for the paq fight, plus whetever for the Berto fight. Thats $146MM owed in taxes from Paq and Mac fights alone. That would leave him w $102MM left of the mac purse after paying 2017 tax on that purse and paying the paq leftover tax. So if he owed $30MM for Berto fight, leaves him w ~ $72MM.

...I guess I am counting dude's money.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)