Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Fights that stunted/ruined fighters career in recent memory.
05-21-2016, 12:04 AM
RE: Fights that stunted/ruined fighters career in recent memory.
(05-20-2016 04:34 PM)Snoop Wrote:  I think someone brought up before that Reid actually had like a detached retina before the fight and taking on Trinidad was just his way of "cashing out". I'm sure the beating from Trinidad didn't help any, but it sounds like he didn't have much mileage left in the first place.

I've read the same thing Snoop, that Reid's eye was basically fucked and it was only a matter of time so the Trinidad fight was basically Reid's retirement plan.

(05-20-2016 01:04 PM)BGv4.0 Wrote:  I ALWAYS take my beloved HWs serious. AND...I'll bet a bunch of fans out there actually do give McBride credit for that win.

Jesus, BG this is Boxing Unfiltered, not fucken FightHype.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2016, 12:23 AM
Williams win over Tyson was much better than McBride. For what it was at the time and how the fight unfolded..it wasn't the worst win for Williams even though Tyson was shot in hindsight ..
05-21-2016, 12:59 AM
Tyson in the williams fight sucked because he was training with Freddie. There was no explosiveness no tyson esq anything he just boxed like an average slowish heavyweight.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
05-21-2016, 02:33 AM
(05-20-2016 04:34 PM)Snoop Wrote:  I think someone brought up before that Reid actually had like a detached retina before the fight and taking on Trinidad was just his way of "cashing out". I'm sure the beating from Trinidad didn't help any, but it sounds like he didn't have much mileage left in the first place.

Just watch the fight, before the fight even started, his left eye was closed. Look at his eye in round 1, it was pretty much shut.

05-21-2016, 04:13 AM
(05-21-2016 12:59 AM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  Tyson in the williams fight sucked because he was training with Freddie. There was no explosiveness no tyson esq anything he just boxed like an average slowish heavyweight.

Did you see more explosiveness in Tyson when he was trained by Fenech on the McBride fight?
05-21-2016, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2016 06:27 AM by and the NEW.)
(05-21-2016 02:33 AM)Fitz Wrote:  Just watch the fight, before the fight even started, his left eye was closed. Look at his eye in round 1, it was pretty much shut.

Reid always had a droopy eye, he was born with it. On the Reid note, apparently he managed to buy himself his own little apartment with some of his boxing money and just hauls himself up in there all day every day, only venturing out to attend church. Pretty sad state for the guy to end up in.

Trinidad also ruined Mayorga's chin. It was pure granite before that fight!
05-21-2016, 01:02 PM
I was just kidding. I don't always take them serious.I sometimes entertain James Toney questions. Lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sad final fights from fighters. ViperSniper 19 5,248 04-07-2018 12:20 PM
Last Post: Warlord
  Best fights between 2 undefeated fighters. ViperSniper 11 8,588 05-08-2015 06:47 AM
Last Post: and the NEW
  Cross road fights (for fighters insisting to fight on) Fitz 3 2,672 11-26-2011 08:02 PM
Last Post: STEVENSKI

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)