Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

2016 Olympics - Rio
08-10-2016, 04:32 AM
RE: 2016 Olympics - Rio
Now Serina Williams is out. Rio Olynpics has been nothing but major upsets in tennis!

Also I thought Gary Russell Jr was competing. Turns out its his younger brother. WAR BABY BRO!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2016, 07:55 PM
(08-10-2016 04:32 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Now Serina Williams is out. Rio Olynpics has been nothing but major upsets in tennis!

Also I thought Gary Russell Jr was competing. Turns out its his younger brother. WAR BABY BRO!!!!

All 6 of his brothers are named 'Gary' after his father. They differentiate by their middle name.

http://www.premierboxingchampions.com/ne...ympic-gold

Quote:The Russells are among six brothers named after their father, Gary Russell Sr., four of whom went on to win the National Golden Gloves.

Besides Gary Jr. and Antuanne, who, like most of his brothers, goes by his middle name, Gary Sr. and wife Lawan are also the parents of 25-year-old Gary Allan III, 23-year-old Gary Antonio, 21-year-old Gary Darreke and 15-year-old Gary Isaiah.

While Gary Jr., 28, reigns supreme atop the 126-pound division, Gary Antonio (7-0, 5 KOs) is a rising 118-pound pro prospect, and Gary Allan III won the 2010 Golden Gloves title and now works in Gary Jr.’s corner. There is also 38-year-old half brother Gary Antonio Jones, who went 22-2 with eight KOs as a professional from 1996 to 2011.
08-10-2016, 11:24 PM
Wow! Had no idea he had such a big family who also box!
08-11-2016, 02:59 AM
Spyder, foreigners can only bow before greatness.
08-11-2016, 06:09 AM
(08-09-2016 06:39 AM)Fitz Wrote:  Can't speak for everyone, but I've generally just rated a countries performance based on population.
I have never been really invested where I get annoyed or upset about another country winning more medals.
I always hope that Australia win gold, but never really emotionally invested into it.

I feel the same way. NZ has always punched above its weight and the Aussie's to do exceptionally well based on their population. can't say i love the Olympics that much anymore and I'm so cynical about drugs I just assume that America have the best PED's when it comes to many events.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
08-11-2016, 09:59 AM
When Americans juice, we get busted. The former Soviets, on the other hand, went decades without a false test.

I like thinking that America is the best at everything that we do. But as far as PED's...until recently, the Russians have had that on lock down.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2016, 03:56 PM
No, Russia doesn't test their athletes out of competition. That means they can just cycle off and peak for international competition. American athletes have to hope USADA gives them a waiver. That or buy their services leading up to a fight so they can use masking agents and flush PEDs from their system
08-11-2016, 08:48 PM
I tried to get some juice from my Dr claiming that I had low T. Turns out they have a test to see if you really have it. Back to the drawing board

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2016, 09:42 PM
We live in Florida, man. Just go to a pill mill joint.
08-12-2016, 12:51 AM
(08-11-2016 09:59 AM)Spyder Wrote:  When Americans juice, we get busted. The former Soviets, on the other hand, went decades without a false test.

I like thinking that America is the best at everything that we do. But as far as PED's...until recently, the Russians have had that on lock down.

Marion Jones?? Lance "I've never tested positive' Armstrong? lol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)