Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

James Toney vs Denis Lebedev
10-20-2011, 08:48 AM
I think there are arguments to be made on both sides. Kyle makes some excellent points, and you have to consider recent examples of veteran boxers dropping back down in weight coming into the ring looking flat (Roy, Byrd, Oscar, you can even go back to Bowe in the Golota rematch).

But for fans of James Toney (and I am one of them), him dropping these pounds was all we could ask for at this point. At least he's taking his health and fitness seriously again. If he was EVER to be relevant again, that was always step 1, 2, and 3.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Man - I swore after the first Peter fight I would never fall for Toney's bullshit again...

Here's my thing in conjunction w the Roy/Lebedev analogy...

I think Roy had Lebedev in those last couple of rounds, and, for whatever reason (probably because he's shot out), roy chose to take his foot of the gas.

There is no WAY Roy should have ever been stopped the way he was at that point of the fight.

But here's more the heart of my point - I really don't think all that much at all of Lebedev. i was so unimpressed with him versus Jones, and I expect James to pull off a lopsided win.

That said, if James is affected w the weight loss ala Chris Byrd, it could be trouble. But I doubt it.

When is this fight? I cant wait to watch it.

I'm going in to it expecting nothing from James, and hopefully, if he has anything left, he'll do what he's suppose to do, and that's dominate Lebedev.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bernard Hopkins-James Toney @ 160/175? ViperSniper 19 1,144 03-18-2020 02:19 PM
Last Post: Method
  James Toney at Heavyweight: How good was he? ViperSniper 21 13,296 04-21-2016 02:21 AM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear
  James Toney to fight in Melbourne against Lucas Browne Fitz 12 9,948 03-15-2013 12:09 AM
Last Post: KingEugene

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)