Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Where is everyone???
11-05-2016, 11:40 AM
RE: Where is everyone???
(10-31-2016 10:17 PM)Dickagon Wrote:  I think their eharmony profiles matched them up and they ran away together
LMAO...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2016, 11:26 PM
I miss posting on here as much as I used to. It has more to do with the fact that so many people are gone I think. Not just the "good" people; Even the less knowledgeable guys still stimulated conversation. A year or two back you'd come on the forum to find maybe 10 threads active so far that day. I'd spend 15-20 minutes reading through stuff then 15-20 minutes posting. Good times. Now there are usually just 1-2 active threads per day so it's literally just a 5 minute pit stop on the site. It's kind of sad, but it is what it is. I still appreciate all of you that are still around and adding value to the forum, even if it's not quite what it used to be.
11-06-2016, 04:59 AM
(11-05-2016 09:53 AM)torvix2000 Wrote:  After Pacquiao I am still waiting for someone to nuthug. GGG was suggested to me. But WTF!!! Who fights who these days.

I'd love to nuthug Triple G but Abel Sanchez makes it impossible for me to do so. He's far worse than Roach.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
11-06-2016, 05:04 AM
Torvix, find some young Filipino dude's balls to hug. The sport has definitely grown due to Pac.
11-06-2016, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 06:18 AM by Fitz.)
The sport has just kind of gone stale for me. There seems to be none of the old school type of fighters, the big fights that could and should happen, don't. None of the fighters seem to have any character or charisma that you can buy into. Just seems like a bunch of manufactured guys with none of them willing to step up and take on anyone and everyone.

Where are the Morales, Darchinyan, Mayorga types? The bad ass guys who aren't afraid to lose, and just want to fight the best? DLH was a past diva and about the money, but at least we got fights that he could lose and against guys that were meaningful fights.
Only about a decade ago, you had guys that proved to be nothing special but took the fights that were supposed to happen. Guys like Jermain Taylor, Kelly Pavlik, Vic Darchinyan, Zab Judah, Shane Mosley, Erik Morales, Arthur Abraham. Some 'A' class guys, some at the time were guys that were attempting to transition and take the next step into being 'A' class fighters, though in hindsight only ever amounted to being 'B' or 'C' level guys. Guys that fought in their prime weights.
Now more than ever, it seems like guys are pricing themselves out, fights aren't happening that should, fighters are cherry picking well before they should have the right to....Guys like DLH were able to cherry pick, but when they did and were able to pick and chose, good fights still happened.
Now more that ever, we are seeing cherry picked fights with 'A' or 'B' level fighters fighting other elite fights 1, 2 or 3 divisions above their prime weight. It has become boring and predictable, a bunch of generic fighters with no X-factor, charisma or style. It's boring as fuck now.
Even Cotto a guy that I loved to watch has become someone that is wrong with the sport today.
Money makers like Cotto and Canelo don't want to get it the ring with someone like GGG. Mayweather didn't want anything to do with guys like Martinez or Margarito. Like I said, back then, money makers like DLH would get in the ring with guys like Hopkins, an ATG and one of the greatest middleweights. Hopkins' after losing to Taylor moved up in weight, and rather that cherry pick and fight fringe 175 fighters, decided to take on Tarver who just recently knocked out RJJ, who at the time was considered one of the greatest fighters of our time and most unbeatable guy in his prime.
Boxing sucks now, the fighters and match ups suck now. No personality in any of the fighters and none of that attitude we use to see from even guys like Judah and Darchinyan who people used to mock at times.
Marquee fighters like DLH, Mosley, Trinidad, Morales, Barrera, Hopkins at least took fights that were good on paper and a test for them. Marquee guys in their prime like Canelo fighting Khan or GGG fighting Brook are meant to be good? It sucks and boxing sucks now, I think it's terrible and I have almost no interest in the sport at the moment. It has turned for the bad.
It is terrible at the moment and I hope it changes.
11-06-2016, 06:40 AM
You know what might be an unpopular thing to say, and im not sure how true it is/isnt, but here goes.

We all including myself at some point or another likely said, "I wish Floyd and Pac would just fuck off. Boxing will do fine without them"

Now there seems to be an absolute vaccuum of interest in the sport.

Discuss
11-06-2016, 08:49 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 09:00 AM by torvix2000.)
I think boxing isn't doing well without them and the reasons are not because they aren't there. Fitz very much summed it all up. Those who are left have nowhere near the behaviors of even themselves when they were new in the sports.
11-06-2016, 11:10 AM
Ive just watched a replay of Pac-Vargas. I wish I had watched it live just because of the smile on Pac's face while rarin to go and fight. I thought he genuinely missed fighting after those works he did in the senate.
11-06-2016, 11:41 AM
C'mon, don't be so negative. Crawford and Postol stepped up and banged it out. Thurman and Porter had a good scrap too. And we still have Ward-Kovalev coming up in less than two weeks, which should be an awesome match.

We've had some good scraps this year. I'm hoping we will see Canelo-GGG next year. If we don't see that bout next year, then I doubt it will happen. I probably would lose some respect for the sport if that match doesn't materialize. I don't see how it can't though. There is a lot of money to be made, and you can only protect a fighter for so long.

So have some faith fellow boxing fans. Bite down on your mouthpiece and bang it out.
11-06-2016, 02:02 PM
There are some exciting fights coming up but i think the sport feels different now. It's shifted more and more towards "i'll fight anybody my manager wants me to fight" and match ups have gone down a little bit on average. People definitely seem to want to protect their investment in a fighter more.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)