Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Official Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman Thread
03-08-2017, 11:43 PM
RE: Official Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman Thread
Peaked at 5.1Mill....

Averaged 3.7....

Those are damn good numbers... Thurman has actually been pretty consistent.. given he opened up PBC on ESPN and CBS i believe, he's def pulling in viewers..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2017, 05:37 AM
Is Thurman being on CBS making him a bigger name in the US?

He's hardly heard of over in the UK. Just wondered if the great TV spots he's getting is helping him generate fans.

Black
Find all posts by this user
03-09-2017, 08:58 AM
(03-08-2017 11:43 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  Peaked at 5.1Mill....

Averaged 3.7....

Those are damn good numbers... Thurman has actually been pretty consistent.. given he opened up PBC on ESPN and CBS i believe, he's def pulling in viewers..

Disagree that its attributable to Thurman. I think its a sum of the two parts, and more than that the fact that its on CBS FREE TV
03-09-2017, 11:10 AM
He did similar numbers vs Guerrero and Porter...
03-09-2017, 04:00 PM
(03-09-2017 11:10 AM)JONdaCON Wrote:  He did similar numbers vs Guerrero and Porter...
To Method's point, both of those were on CBS for free as well. I think it bodes well that there were more eyes on the 12th round than earlier in the fight. That means that people stuck around.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
03-09-2017, 04:51 PM
My bad i meant Collazo. Thats who he opened up ESPNs PBC debut.

Regardless of the reason Thurman has averaged 3.5mill viewers in all his fights. Which means out of all the WW he's had the most eyes on him. Thats what i meant when i said he's pulling in viewers, not necessarily that he was the catalyst... but if Floyd DID come out of retirement id like to think recent numbers would be what he's looking at in his next opponent.
03-09-2017, 05:26 PM
I think boxing on a saturday can do decent numbers. Its prime time, there aint shit on tv and its on free tv so anyone can watch it. There's always been an interest in boxing, boxing just hasn't been accessible. You needed to have cable and premium channels just to watch fights.
03-09-2017, 08:47 PM
Exactly.

Im not shitting on Thurman (or Garcia, for that matter). I just think there are a bunch of dynamics in play here that account for it. Saturday night. Prime Time TV. What time did the fight come on, like 10p??? Sweet spot for viewership. Could you imagine if they played the Julio Gonzales/Julian Letterlough fight at that time? Ppl would have been going nuts for it, for more, not even realizing the Letterlough is dead now!

Good for boxing having fights on free tv. For damn sure.
03-10-2017, 04:22 PM
Boxing has never really been unpopular, promoters did everything they could to tell fans "if you don't have cable then fuck you" just like they told us hardcore fans that casual fans were more important. Boxing has just finally hit a level where it's realized that trying to alientate everyone isn't sustainable. Their business can't thrive on some HBO exec giving them fight dates and license fees. They need to appeal to fans and bring excitement to the sport. Fights on Saturday night on free tv made it so people can sit down and watch a fight again.
03-11-2017, 12:30 AM
Main event was at 9pm ct.

If im not mistaken it went head to head with a good NBA game(1.69 rating)

PBC did a 2.7 rating.

Regardless great to have that many eyes glued to boxing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Errol Spence Jr-Danny Garcia on December 5th ViperSniper 41 2,814 12-07-2020 07:54 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Keith Thurman vs Manny Pacquiao July 20th JONdaCON 161 5,746 07-24-2019 02:12 PM
Last Post: JD
  Marcos Maidana-Danny Garcia at their best. ViperSniper 13 699 07-01-2019 07:12 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)