Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Official Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman Thread
12-13-2016, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2016 11:57 PM by and the NEW.)
RE: Official Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman Thread
(12-12-2016 09:52 PM)Warlord Wrote:  So basically you want the Fertitta brothers to swoop in and save boxing the way they did the UFC?

As much as a lot of hardcore boxing fans claim to hate MMA in general, and the UFC in particular, there is no doubt the sport of Mixed Martial Arts is everything boxing fans wish boxing were. I can only think of a few superfights off the top of my head that never happened (Rickson vs Sakuraba). But even then, it was never about money. It was simply due to fighters retiring before the fights could materialize.

I don't like Conor McGregor by any means, but boxing would kill to have a guy like that right now. A guy who talks mad shit, knocks motherfuckers out cold, and who jumps up multiple weightclasses to save a fight card. Boxing is my first love but it's starting to feel like an ex-wife whose flaws are magnified and attributes are minimized in the face of a mistress who is younger, sexier, and better in bed.

No doubt. The UFC has become a huge franchise like the NBA, NFL etc. Boxing needs to adopt a similar model or it will become completely marginal (as is currently happening).

Unfortunately there are so many millionaires coming into the mix in boxing, like JayZ, 50 cent, Haymon, Mayweather, Oscar, along with the old war horse Arum, and they are all in a shitfight with competing egos and ideas on how they want to run their operations.

The more of these guys that just drop out, the cheaper it will be for somebody to buy it out on mass.

The only thing that needs to happen is a fighters union, which is what the UFC is lacking which allows it to rip its fighters off. No idea WTF these guys are doing. McGregor is basically standing upto the establishment single handidly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman Thread - and the NEW - 12-13-2016 11:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Errol Spence Jr-Danny Garcia on December 5th ViperSniper 41 2,860 12-07-2020 07:54 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Keith Thurman vs Manny Pacquiao July 20th JONdaCON 161 5,829 07-24-2019 02:12 PM
Last Post: JD
  Marcos Maidana-Danny Garcia at their best. ViperSniper 13 727 07-01-2019 07:12 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)