Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Official Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman Thread
01-24-2017, 10:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2017 10:48 PM by BrutalBodyShots.)
RE: Official Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman Thread
I agree with your assessment. That said, a Tszyu win along with whatever other work Mosley could have gotten done at 140 could have been quite resume-building.

A fight between Mosley and Hatton at 140 a couple of years after a potential Tszyu fight would have been pretty epic as well. And, of course, a fight around that time between Mosley and Mayweather at 140 would have been fantastic... light years better than what we got at 147 some 6-7 years later.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2017, 11:09 PM
His dad seems like he goes to the club with Danny and tells people about their titles while holding his belts
01-24-2017, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2017 11:22 PM by ViperSniper.)
(01-24-2017 10:45 PM)BrutalBodyShots Wrote:  I agree with your assessment. That said, a Tszyu win along with whatever other work Mosley could have gotten done at 140 could have been quite resume-building.

A fight between Mosley and Hatton at 140 a couple of years after a potential Tszyu fight would have been pretty epic as well. And, of course, a fight around that time between Mosley and Mayweather at 140 would have been fantastic... light years better than what we got at 147 some 6-7 years later.

He could have very well beaten Tszyu, Hatton (fun interesting fight), Mayweather and Cotto at 140. By saying that, without De La Hoya-Mosley taking place the entire landscape at 140-154 would have been completely different.

Had Mosley campaigned at 140 he may have not got the DLH fight but then again he would have missed the Forrest fight too and instead possibly have gotten fights with Lewis, Spinks, Williams, Judah, Baldomir, Clottey & also fights with Mayweather/Margarito sooner than he did..
01-25-2017, 08:03 AM
If he went to 140 I haven't a clue what would have occurred. Perhaps he went straight to 147 because he couldn't make 140 comfortably.

Either way, it netted us a great fight.
01-25-2017, 12:15 PM
I doubt Mosley skipped 140 due to weight. I've never heard of an in-shape fighter making weight at X division for one fight and then 4-5 months later not being able to make weight in the next division ABOVE X. Not being able to make 135 any longer sure, but no way to I believe that to be the case with 140 had Mosley decided to campaign there for a few years.

DLH sort of had one foot out the 147 door when he faced Mosley. Had Mosley not gone to 147 and faced DLH, perhaps we would have seen DLH-Forrest instead which I think would have been a fantastic fight probably on par with Mosley-DLH I and no doubt better than the Mosley-Forrest fights.
01-25-2017, 04:26 PM
He killed himself to make 135. Between getting paid and not having to deal with 140, it obviously made sense for him.

I can't tell you what weight he would have been most comfortable at, only that he could no longer make 35.

I have zero issue with the DLH - Mosley fight.
01-27-2017, 05:16 AM
I have no issue with Mosley-DLH either, I agree that he was killing himself to make 135.

But that's not the argument here, it's whether or not he could have made 140. And, if he was able to make 135 [even if killing himself] by default he could have made 140 and killed himself less in doing so.

Obviously Mosley decided that 147 was the better path for him and we can only speak in hindsight about his decision to skip 140. I maintain however that his decision to skip 140 had absolutely nothing to do with the inability to make that weight.
01-27-2017, 10:39 PM
LOL. I didn't think I was having an argument.

I don't know if he would have struggled to make 140, but I do know he didn't want to be bothered trying. I don't think it's far fetched to figure he would have had a tough time making it. Conversely, if you think he could have I can't really quantify that isn't the case either.

You think he could have made 140 no problem. OK...that works for you. I disagree, so I guess that works for me.
01-27-2017, 11:47 PM
Kostya Tszyu had a lot to do with people spending little time, or flat out skipping 140.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-27-2017, 11:53 PM
Kostya Tszyu was super overrated.

I mean Judah was basically on his way to beating him if it wasnt for that TERRIBLE referee's stoppage.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Errol Spence Jr-Danny Garcia on December 5th ViperSniper 41 3,047 12-07-2020 07:54 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Keith Thurman vs Manny Pacquiao July 20th JONdaCON 161 6,637 07-24-2019 02:12 PM
Last Post: JD
  Marcos Maidana-Danny Garcia at their best. ViperSniper 13 771 07-01-2019 07:12 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)