Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Official Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman Thread
03-04-2017, 01:19 AM
RE: Official Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman Thread
I couple of things here. One, did you guys see the weigh in between these two guys? Thurman took it 10-9 without question, arguably 10-8. During the intense stare down Garcia tried to yield a flinch from Thurman who didn't even budge which was interesting. Then following the stare down where they were nose to nose and talking smack to me Garcia looked incredibly spooked as they took the final round of pictures. Thurman was smiling and looking confident and Garcia had a look of WTF did I get myself into here, he looked uneasy and appeared happy that the event was over when it ended.

Black, I think the argument I would make as to why Garcia ISN'T top 10 P4P material despite a very nice resume is that he's quite unproven at 147 and his best wins were 3+ years ago. His noteworthy wins that come to mind for me anyway are Matthysse and Khan.

At 147, Garcia beat a guy I don't know anything about in his last fight. Prior to that he went the distance with a shot Guerrero that in his previous fight went life and death with a nobody and was all but knocked out. Finally, Garcia stopped a well past it Malignaggi that had gotten steamrolled and softened up big time by Porter in his previous fight. Malignaggi was also coming off of a 15 month layoff, which I'm quite sure was the longest of his career.

While Garcia's overall body of work is certainly noteworthy, his RECENT work and all of his work at 147 where this fight tomorrow is being held tomorrow simply isn't impressive.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official Danny Garcia vs Keith Thurman Thread - BrutalBodyShots - 03-04-2017 01:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Errol Spence Jr-Danny Garcia on December 5th ViperSniper 41 2,874 12-07-2020 07:54 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Keith Thurman vs Manny Pacquiao July 20th JONdaCON 161 5,832 07-24-2019 02:12 PM
Last Post: JD
  Marcos Maidana-Danny Garcia at their best. ViperSniper 13 730 07-01-2019 07:12 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)