Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins?
Joshua by decision
Joshua by KO/TKO
Klitschko by decision
Klitschko by KO/TKO
[Show Results]

Anthony Joshua-Wladamir Klitschko sign for April 29th in London.
12-10-2016, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2017 05:25 AM by ViperSniper.)
Anthony Joshua-Wladamir Klitschko sign for April 29th in London.
This was announced in the ring today.

Who take this fight?

Before the Tyson Fury defeat, I would have picked Klitschko by stoppage in between rounds 4-7. How will Wladimir look after the lay off, coming off a loss, fighting as a challenger by fighting another young undefeated fighter for a title?

Was Fury just a bad style for Klitschko or has his time already past?

This is very interesting because I feel the outcome will determine what is left in Wladimir. I feel he may come out with a chip on his shoulder and look to make a statement. Whether that's wise against a fighter like Joshua could be another factor.

Good start to 2017
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2016, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2016 12:20 AM by and the NEW.)
RE: Anthony Joshua-Wladamir Klitschko sign for April 29th in London.
Joshua will ICE him!

Klit's time is well and truly past, and Joshua has developed into the total package.

After Klit, he has some great unification fights coming up, against Wilder, and Parker (unless Parker loses to Hughie Fury). Then Tyson should be back at some point.

Some interesting fights to be made and with Joshua's star power he is developing, he should have no trouble making them given the money that will be available!
12-11-2016, 01:29 AM
Joshua will win a controversial decision.. or atleast a close one that couldve gone either way.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2016, 04:43 AM
If Wlad couldn't pull the trigger against feather fisted Fury what the fuck is he gonna do against a mammoth puncher like Juicea? Plus he hasn't got his German safety net of being able to hold on for dear life. I think he goes in 5 or less. The only reason Wlad is taking this fight is because he did well against AJ in sparring a couple of years back. Well that was 2 and a bit years ago dude. I hope Hayden has the ambulance near by.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
12-11-2016, 05:28 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2016 05:28 AM by and the NEW.)
Man Wlad couldn't even let his hands go against Jennings who posed no danger at all.

Wlad is well past it. He won't stand a chance against Joshua, not even a punchers chance, because he can't pull the trigger!

Wilder poses the biggest threat to Joshua given his power, and Fury may be able to cause him some problems because of his movement and awkwardness.
12-11-2016, 02:33 PM
Wlad has never let his hands go against anyone or anything.
12-12-2016, 02:08 PM
If Wlad can't control the pace of the fight and get forced into exchanges I see him getting stopped early. If he controls it and makes Joshua respect him early then he'll win a decision.
12-12-2016, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2016 03:40 PM by blackbelt2003.)
This will go one of three ways.

The most likely scenario is that after a couple tentative rounds, Joshua lands something that wobbles/floors Klitschko. Wlad goes into survival mode with that wide eyed look he used to get when he was in trouble, and Joshua finishes him off.

The second most likely is that it's a dull fight in which Klitschko fails to let anything go significant, and Joshua piles up the points without having the experience or know how to finish such a capable guy in survival mode.

The third most likely scenario is that Wlad's old tricks are enough to diffuse an inexperienced and still-green opponent and the old champ pulls off a boring upset points win.

Black
03-07-2017, 05:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2017 05:21 AM by ViperSniper.)
Other than winning a world title, a win over Klitschko is still one of the biggest things you can do in the division. AJ has a massive opportunity here to really make a serious mark on the division & also has an opportunity to out do Fury's W over Wlad.

If Wladimir Klitschko happens to regain the Heavyweight title against a young lion like Anthony Joshua, what does that do for his legacy and place in Heavyweight history?

I think it would be a pretty big accomplishment and if he can do it convincingly then it may go down as his biggest win. It could also be enough to place him above Vitali in all time rankings.

Many have said that Klitschko needed to open up with his punches more to beat Tyson Fury. So is Wlad better off against Joshua to fight his usual defensive style or if he were to come out throwing more than usual?
I guess then the other question is, can Wlad fight at a higher pace than he did well over a year ago when he lost?
I think he can despite circumstances, as his last fight was a horrible effort & don't think he lost because of age.
Whether his usual style is enough to beat AJ at this point or take more of a chance, is kinda hard to call in this matchup. It can really go either way with Wlad. One big right from Wlad could end this in a hurry..but he then leaves himself more open for Joshua to get the KO first.

Still not sure who I'm predicting at the moment..but I'm leaning towards this fight not going the distance!

I'm starting to really look forward to this match up. Very hard fight to call!
03-11-2017, 01:59 AM
I don't see how Joshua doesn't win this.

You've got a 40 year old Wlad who hasn't fought in year and a half that in his last fight looked like absolute garbage and a shell of himself taking on a young hungry kid who may actually have physical advantages over Wlad (rare when considering Wlad's opponents). I think Joshua makes this fight look like Brewster-Wlad I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anthony Joshua VS Oleksandr Usyk Mean Mister Mustard 38 4,619 10-14-2021 10:49 AM
Last Post: Imperius3
  Wladamir Klitschko losses ViperSniper 4 453 07-14-2020 08:14 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Anthony Joshua going to the UFC? ViperSniper 7 2,823 03-25-2018 12:28 PM
Last Post: Dickagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)