12-21-2016, 12:15 AM
RE: Click here for my spoiler-free Rogue One review
Lol.....

Spoil that bitch.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2016, 03:13 AM
Yeah, films now try to stay too neutral. Star Wars has been cruising for easy lay ups. It's better than TFA anyway, that's a giant fucking turd.
Find all posts by this user
12-21-2016, 08:59 AM
(12-21-2016 03:13 AM)Dickagon Wrote:  Yeah, films now try to stay too neutral. Star Wars has been cruising for easy lay ups. It's better than TFA anyway, that's a giant fucking turd.

I prefer VII to Rogue One, and I didn't like VII much at all.

Rogue One is last on my list of Star Wars films. That includes the prequels, which I will never watch again.

The prequels felt like bad Star Wars. Rogue One (and VII) feel like imitations of Star Wars, very expensive fan fiction.
12-22-2016, 12:23 AM
I thought that it was dark as shit, and a great intro to Episode IV. Really the only thing that bugged me about Rogue One was Vader's helmet. They FUCKED IT UP in his opening scene. I couldn't stop staring at it, and couldn't believe that they let it make the final cut of the movie. It completely killed that scene for me.

His final scene however...I DARE YOU to say something bad about it. buttsexshok

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
12-22-2016, 03:22 AM
I didn't like VII at all. I agree that RO was a little darker relatively speaking. I think it dragged on at times, it tried to be too funny and the romance was forced. Had Disney took the risk on a gritty Star Wars film it had the potential to be a great. Remember when you said Disney wanted some reshoots because it felt too much like a war film, Spyder? That version of Rogue One is what I was hoping to see.

I'm really hoping they do a Vader film that shows him prior to the plans for the death star being stolen and ending with capturing Leia. A Han Solo origin film would be cool but I can't see it happening. Not without Harrison Ford.
12-22-2016, 11:15 AM
What was wrong with Vader's helmet, Spyder?

Vader's final scene, fucking everyone up, was by far the best part of the film. And then shortly after, Leia's scene, though the CGI was terrible.

Everything else was meh. I wish I'd liked it more. I wish the dark, gritty atmosphere was somehow still impressive or captivating to me. But it isn't.

I grew up with the 80's version of Batman, brought to you by the likes of Frank Miller and Alan Moore. I've seen dark done right too many times to be captivated by dark done wrong now.

I didn't give a flying shit about anyone in Rogue One except the robot, KS whatever. They never gave me a reason to.

It was just Disney's super diverse brat pack flying off from one planet to the next, fighting their social justice wars.

I used the following terms to describe VII, and I think I will do so again now. Rogue One is like a bunch of kids sitting around the table talking about how awesome it'd be if Disney bought Star Wars, and then hired the director of Godzilla to direct it. That's what happened and that's what it felt like.

Disney is letting their directors put their stamp on this franchise in some capacity. It's just too bad that none of those stamps remind me of George Lucas's stamp.

And one other thing, why the FUCK aren't they using the traditional Star Wars soundtrack more for these films? The shit they're using now is so banal, flat, boring, and alien to my ears. Use the fucking Star Wars soundtrack! It's fucking Star Wars!
12-22-2016, 01:55 PM
It looked like a fucking cosplay. Instead of being 3 discernible parts, it looked like one big plastic hat/mask. The bottom of it even stuck out beyond his cape, and there was a noticeable gap between it and his chest plate. I can't find any screen grabs of it, but when I do I'll post it.

John Williams composed the music. He usually composes custom music for the different characters, so I guess he had to write some new stuff for this crew. Vader got the Imperial March for all of his scenes...even the ones that he was being talked about but didn't appear in.

How about Vader's Castle being located on Mustafar? The same planet that he lost the fight with Obi Wan, lost his limbs, lost Padme, lost his fight with the Dark Side...he lost everything on that fucking planet, and decided that he wanted to build a giant castle and live there. I thought that was bad ass.

(12-22-2016 03:22 AM)Dickagon Wrote:  I didn't like VII at all. I agree that RO was a little darker relatively speaking. I think it dragged on at times, it tried to be too funny and the romance was forced. Had Disney took the risk on a gritty Star Wars film it had the potential to be a great. Remember when you said Disney wanted some reshoots because it felt too much like a war film, Spyder? That version of Rogue One is what I was hoping to see.

I'm really hoping they do a Vader film that shows him prior to the plans for the death star being stolen and ending with capturing Leia. A Han Solo origin film would be cool but I can't see it happening. Not without Harrison Ford.
Another reason for the edits was that they wanted it to blend into the feel of Episode IV, since it is supposed to end 10 minutes before Episode IV begins.

They are doing a Han Solo movie planned for May 2018, and a Boba Fett film in 2020.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
12-22-2016, 08:48 PM
Yeah, a Saving Private Ryan type of feel would be out of place.

I'm glad that Vader will be in the Disney era films. His dry wit always has reminded me of Bond
12-28-2016, 02:11 PM
Just now saw this thread. I F'N LOVED it!

To me, if people hated this film, it just goes to further prove my point that if it is not the originals, rooted in their childhoods (a reality that can NEVER be regained), they will never like it 100%...they will always find something to bitch about.

We all know the tone of this film was altered to appease the big f'n mouse...some claiming as much as 40% reshoots, so I'm hoping we get a "Director's Cut" at some point. IMHO...this was much better than Episode 7. It was closer in feel to the originals, without even having any major actors from the originals present.

I cannot fathom anybody saying the CGI of Tarkin and Lea were anything less than flawless....for sure Cushing as Tarkin...not only did it show balls to put him on the screen that long with such a big role, to me...it was Tarkin...other people must have been analyzing the CGI wrinkles or something...because if you watch it as just the character in the movie...I thought it was GREAT!

And the Vader slaughter scene was something every SW fan has been wanting for some time....so to me, that was a cherry on top.

I thought it was great....miles better than Episode 7. Too bad there can never be a follow up. BUT...to me, that's fitting, because it acts as a perfect bridge between 3 and 4...no follow up needed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Star Wars: Rogue One Snoop 38 27,678 06-10-2016 07:55 PM
Last Post: Spyder

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)