Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Canelo Alvarez-Kermit Cintron, November 26 on HBO
10-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Cintron is skilled enough to give Alvarez some problems.

Will he?

Probably not.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2011, 09:24 PM
I would watch this quite happily. Cintron would be the most dangerous opponent Alvarez has been in with I reckon.
Find all posts by this user
10-18-2011, 09:26 PM
lloyd mayflower Wrote:I would watch this quite happily. Cintron would be the most dangerous opponent Alvarez has been in with I reckon.
Absolutely he is.

But my lack of confidence in Alvarez getting seriously pressed has less to do with how green Canelo is, and he still is in many ways, and more to do with how Cintron has a tendency to wilt.

I thought Alfonso Gomez gave Alvarez fits and the stoppage was a joke. That's a rematch that needs to happen early in 2012.
10-18-2011, 09:31 PM
i hope Cintron knocks the freckles off of him because i can't stand him. either way he'll win this fight, Canelo will get a gift if it comes down to it. i see Canelo struggling with him then taking the late rounds pretty clearly.
10-18-2011, 09:59 PM
As irritating as Cintron is, I hope he catches Princess Alvarez cold.
10-18-2011, 10:14 PM
If Cintron wins I will proudly admit we share the same hometown. Haha

Actually this seems like a good test for the youngster. Kermit has had a shaky career at the elite level. Hopefully he comes fully prepared physically AND mentally to win. As of now I say this fight is a toss up.
10-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Cintron is a Nate Campbell caliber fighter. He puts in a good performance and then fucks up in a ridiculous way the next. He looked completely rusty against Molina this summer but to his credit he looked better against Antwone Smith a month later. He didn't look as sharp as when he's at his best, but at least he was able to go 10 hard rounds.

If he comes in looking sharp he'll have a hell of a chance. The question is whether he can and if he does, can he handle Canelo's body shots?
10-18-2011, 11:20 PM
I think Kermit Cintron might be a little washed up. That sounds crazy since he's still kind of young, but he hasn't looked good at all in his last two matches. He fought on Showtime against Carlos Molina, and was worked. He lost damn near every round to a guy he would have beat 3-5 years ago. He also had a close fight with Antwone Smith, and was getting worked in stages of that fight. There's a reason he's fighting Canelo now, and it's not to win. It's a good name for the resume, but Canelo will win.

At the same time, Alfonso Gomez was putting rounds in the bank against Canelo before that stoppage. However, Gomez was real busy and tried to put pressure on him. I don't see Cintron being that busy, and I see Canelo just outworking him.
10-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Romulus9 Wrote:I thought Alfonso Gomez gave Alvarez fits and the stoppage was a joke. That's a rematch that needs to happen early in 2012.
Sorry Rom but I didn't see that. I saw a guy (Alvarez) trying a few things out, taking his time, working on some drills and when he was ready took Gomez out with ease (yeah stoppage was a TAD premature though.)

No way is Alvarez the finished article, but I don't think he's useless either.

Once Cintron tastes the power his puny heart will melt and he will look for a new and exciting way to exit the ring (reverse fan man perhaps?) lol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
10-18-2011, 11:32 PM
I can't get the image of Kermit crying out of my mind...

Canelo is gonna take him there.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kermit the frog Cintron wants Martinez rematch! ViperSniper 2 333 06-30-2020 09:34 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Joe Calzaghe-Canelo Alvarez: Who wins? ViperSniper 9 2,118 11-15-2019 09:25 PM
Last Post: Warlord
  Sergio Martinez-Canelo Alvarez: Who wins? ViperSniper 4 611 07-12-2019 04:09 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)