Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mosley or Toney - who had the best career?
02-17-2017, 07:25 AM
RE: Mosley or Toney - who had the best career?
(02-17-2017 07:13 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  ^^^^^^^^

Good post as usual, thanks for wasting 5 seconds of my day.

Shane never faced a guy who used the shoulder like Toney, so that is a question mark.

Toney faced plenty of world champion level boxer movers (many worse than Shane) and lost to just about all of them.

Nuff said.

Thanks for the reply, I was just curious by your previous assertion that 'Mosley didn't struggle with the shoulder D.' As I now understand it Shane never actually faced anyone who used the shoulder D like Toney did. Probably why he never struggled against it lol

It takes a bit for my simple minded fecal alcoholic spectrum disordered brain to pick things up, LOL.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2017, 07:28 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2017 07:29 AM by and the NEW.)
(02-17-2017 07:25 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Thanks for the reply, I was just curious by your previous assertion that 'Mosley didn't struggle with the shoulder D.' As I now understand it Shane never actually faced anyone who used the shoulder D like Toney did. Probably why he never struggled against it lol

It takes a bit for my simple minded fecal alcoholic spectrum disordered brain to pick things up, LOL.

Yes, that was in relation to a prior comment that he struggled against the shoulder D used by Mayweather. Please contextualize my comments you simple minded alcoholic.
02-17-2017, 07:44 AM
(02-17-2017 07:28 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  Yes, that was in relation to a prior comment that he struggled against the shoulder D used by Mayweather. Please contextualize my comments you simple minded alcoholic.

Personally I don't mind the personal insults, but it comes off sounding like you are a little triggered, LOL.

Here's how it played out:

You: Shane did well against the shoulder D.

Me (thinking to myself): well shoot the only fighter Shane ever faced who significantly used a shoulder D was Mayweather, which I pointed out to you.

You: Rebuts this by going into a detailed (and one I actually agree with) analysis of why Floyd's shoulder defence was completely different to Toney's.

Me: Well then if you are basing your original assertion that Shane does well against the shoulder D and we are discounting Mayweather's as it is different to Toney's then which other fighters that Shane faced are you basing it off?

You: ......................................ummmm 'please contextualize my comments.'

lollollollollollollol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
02-17-2017, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2017 08:10 AM by and the NEW.)
(02-17-2017 07:44 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Here's how it played out:

Spyder: Mosley couldn't handle the shoulder D of Mayweather.

Me: Shane did well against the shoulder D of Mayweather.

You: Mayweather ate Mosley up with the shoulder, apart from one round.

Me: Points out again that Mosley didn't struggle with the Mayweather shoulder D, but also points out that doesn't necessarily apply to Toney because he used it differently (Spyder failed to recognise this when he originally asserted that Mosley struggled with Mayweather's shoulder D).

You started that little commentary late. I added the context you missed.

19 pages and still no word on how Toney's slow legs were going to catch Shane? The silence speaks for itself, they weren't. Unless the ring sloped downhill and Toney started at the top.

(02-04-2017 07:40 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Apart from one great round Floyd ate Mosley up with the shoulder defense and Toney was a lot more aggressive than Mayweather.

Here you are trying to use the Mayweather example which you have subsequently dismissed after I schooled you on the use of the shoulder and the shell version of Mosley still rocking Mayweather twice.
02-17-2017, 08:01 AM
(02-17-2017 07:50 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  You started that little commentary late. I added the context you missed.

19 pages and still no word on how Toney's slow legs were going to catch Shane? The silence speaks for itself, they weren't. Unless the ring sloped downhill and Toney started at the top.

Nice pivot, are you a Progressive Liberal by any chance? LOL

I don't have a dog in this race, this one's between you and Spyder and Viper. I've mainly been a spectator in this thread, I was merely curious about one part of your analysis which was that Shane had no problem with the shoulder D. And I'm still curious of your answer which is why I made a very specific question as to that particular assertion.

I'm honestly keen to know what you based that off? I mean if you are dismissing Mayweather (which was the only fighter who used a type of Shoulder D against Shane that I could think of) then which fighters did Shane face that used a shoulder D like Toney uses that he did well against which caused you to make the original assertion?

I'll make it real simple. Your original comment (BEFORE I ever mentioned Mayweather.)

'Shane did well against the shoulder d.'

OK cool, can you give me specific examples which you are basing that comment off?

02-17-2017, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2017 08:08 AM by and the NEW.)
(02-17-2017 07:44 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Apart from one great round Floyd ate Mosley up with the shoulder defense and Toney was a lot more aggressive than Mayweather.

Later

I actually agree with your analysis of why Floyd's shoulder defence was completely different to Toney's.

Bottle

Class dismissed.
02-17-2017, 08:15 AM
(02-17-2017 08:06 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  Bottle

Class dismissed.

Yet you STILL can't answer my question: What do you base your original assertion that Shane does well against a shoulder d off? Which fighters did he face specifically who used any type of shoulder d? I could only think of one, which was Mayweather. Well if it's not him then who is it?

02-17-2017, 08:16 AM
Toney won't have to catch Shane so to speak - Mosley is a shit boxer with crappy footwork as his career went on. He doesn't box, and he doesn't turn his opponents. Mosley would be drawn inside and he would get schooled in the trenches.

Mosley is garbage.
02-17-2017, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2017 08:25 AM by and the NEW.)
(02-17-2017 08:16 AM)JD Wrote:  Toney won't have to catch Shane so to speak - Mosley is a shit boxer with crappy footwork as his career went on.

Not wrong there.

Ollie, you know I like what you bring to the forum. You have a sharp wit and this provides for some hilarious comments, but if you want to bring more to the boxing part of the forum other than being the joker (and a fly on the wall in Parker's dressing room), you could start by listening to some decent youtube channels. A good steer to start with is this guy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC44JW1W...yM64T1zQAw

Come back in a while and chat some time.
02-17-2017, 08:27 AM
(02-17-2017 08:19 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  Not wrong there.

Ollie, you know I like what you bring to the forum. You have a sharp wit and this provides for some hilarious comments, but if you want to bring more to the boxing part of the forum other than being the joker (and a fly on the wall in Parker's dressing room), you could start by listening to some decent youtube channels. A good steer to start with is this guy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC44JW1W...yM64T1zQAw

Come back in a while and chat some time.

'Mosley didn't struggle with the shoulder D.' Please tell me what you base that assertion on?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Toney's heavyweight career vs Haye's heavyweight car Fitz 48 28,435 04-08-2012 06:05 AM
Last Post: ROLLDEEP

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)