Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mosley or Toney - who had the best career?
01-18-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: Mosley or Toney - who had the best career?
Post Forrest. Watch the two versions.

He held constantly, closed his eyes and flurried...he was shitty after Vernon ruined him. Watch, fuck his handful of good wins, he was awful to have to sit through after Forrest.

Before Forrest he jabbed, combo punches, worked the body, turned his opponents. Completely different fighter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2017, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2017 01:26 PM by Mean Mister Mustard.)
(01-18-2017 12:50 PM)JD Wrote:  Post Forrest. Watch the two versions.

He held constantly, closed his eyes and flurried...he was shitty after Vernon ruined him. Watch, fuck his handful of good wins, he was awful to have to sit through after Forrest.

Before Forrest he jabbed, combo punches, worked the body, turned his opponents. Completely different fighter.

The most disappointing thing post-Forrest is that we never got to see Shane do the Roy Jones thing as per his Father's instructions.
01-18-2017, 02:50 PM
RE: Mosley or Toney - who had the best career
Which post fight interview was it where Toney told Grey or Lampley or whomever that he didn't like them anyway, and said he was "the king of Madden too!"?

I thought it was the Holyfield fight, but I didn't see it in the video you guys posted earlier.
01-18-2017, 04:30 PM
(01-18-2017 02:50 PM)Warlord Wrote:  Which post fight interview was it where Toney told Grey or Lampley or whomever that he didn't like them anyway, and said he was "the king of Madden too!"?

I thought it was the Holyfield fight, but I didn't see it in the video you guys posted earlier.

After the Jirov fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuiuVPEpA9U
01-18-2017, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2017 10:33 PM by JONdaCON.)
But would you rather be half retarded, slurring your words like Toney?

Or financially raped by your ex to the point you have to let your has been, past his prime opponent, smacc your new girl on the ass in order to sell the fight like Mosley?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-19-2017, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2017 02:53 AM by and the NEW.)
(01-18-2017 12:50 PM)JD Wrote:  Post Forrest. Watch the two versions.

Yep, Mosley completely changed after that first Forrest fight. I remember Jack talking about 'power boxing' at the time, which became a bit of a new buzz saying. Shane was a great boxer until that point, but after that, he seemed determined to throw bomb after bomb every shot and his output reduced dramatically, as did a lot of his boxing savvy.
01-19-2017, 07:43 AM
Yeah, the smoothness went from his work, as did the combinations.

Watch him break down John Brown at 135 with that eye popping combination of power punches...and then watch him wiggle his gloves around in the Forrest rematch.

Such a shame.

On another note, I actually thought Shane nicked the Forrest rematch. It was a shitty fight and Vernon looked like crap, too, but I though that Shane edged it.

Black
01-19-2017, 08:25 AM
(01-18-2017 04:30 PM)Fitz Wrote:  After the Jirov fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuiuVPEpA9U

LOL.

He's not as smooth as Lennox was on the mic, but still very good.
01-19-2017, 03:50 PM
"I'm the King at John Madden too." lol

James is a classic. That shit is funny no matter what era you're in.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-19-2017, 04:21 PM
(01-19-2017 08:25 AM)Warlord Wrote:  LOL.

He's not as smooth as Lennox was on the mic, but still very good.

"I don't know what you're talking about Larry"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Toney's heavyweight career vs Haye's heavyweight car Fitz 48 28,403 04-08-2012 06:05 AM
Last Post: ROLLDEEP

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)