Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mosley or Toney - who had the best career?
01-19-2017, 08:40 PM
RE: Mosley or Toney - who had the best career?
(01-19-2017 03:50 PM)Spyder Wrote:  "I'm the King at John Madden too." lol

James is a classic. That shit is funny no matter what era you're in.

What made James' smacktalk so good was that he always brought it in the ring too, the dude would literally fight anyone. The problem with Mayweather is he only trash talked to overcompensate for his boring-ass style once he went north of 140 pounds and with Tyson as soon as someone stood up to him he crumbled. James on the other hand brought a perfect synchronicity between what he said outside the ring and what he brought within it.

I'll still never forget how much he antagonised Iran Barkley before their fight. Iran literally had the veins popping out of his head and eyeballs during the referee's final instructions and then James just coolly went and beat the shit out of him lol That and his punking of Evander during their fight have to be my favourite fight moments of his.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2017, 09:07 PM
The funny thing about the Barkley fight is Toney said Barkley really hurt him at one point, but that he (James) stayed in the pocket. He said he always stayed in the pocket when he got hurt, because he didn't want them to know he was hurt.

James Toney was all man.
01-19-2017, 09:19 PM
James always refers to his fight with Barkley as one that defined his career. Michael Nunn too.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-22-2017, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2017 11:37 AM by ViperSniper.)
Great lil career highlights vids from Mosley/Toney

lol
01-22-2017, 04:03 PM
Toney. Toney had better wins throughout his career than Mosley.
01-23-2017, 01:10 PM
Prime for prime and p4p who would win?

If you could expand Mosley's 147 frame to 160 (or 168 depending where you think Toney's prime was), who would win a straight up match?

Black
01-23-2017, 02:16 PM
(01-23-2017 01:10 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Prime for prime and p4p who would win?

If you could expand Mosley's 147 frame to 160 (or 168 depending where you think Toney's prime was), who would win a straight up match?

Black
Toney.

His defense, counter punching, and ability to create tough angles would've been the deciding factors. Shane's workrate wouldn't have the same affect on him as it did others earlier in his career. Shane's inability to find a way to crack Winky's shell is more evidence that Toney would've been too complex for him to figure out.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-23-2017, 02:54 PM
(01-23-2017 02:16 PM)Spyder Wrote:  Toney.

His defense, counter punching, and ability to create tough angles would've been the deciding factors. Shane's workrate wouldn't have the same affect on him as it did others earlier in his career. Shane's inability to find a way to crack Winky's shell is more evidence that Toney would've been too complex for him to figure out.

I do see that....but then I also think we underestimate how good Shane was in his brief prime. I think he would streak to an early lead but Toney would figure him out and close the gap later on. Shane was a great on top fighter but would panic and lose focus when things weren't going his way. Toney, on the other hand was built for that shit.

Black
01-23-2017, 06:31 PM
Only reason Mosley couldn't break Wink's D was because he was too small for 154. He couldn't penetrate it. It has nothing to do with complexity.

I think a prime 135lb Shane was P4P too much for a prime Toney at any weight. He was a mover, a real boxer-puncher. With output, stamina, speed. That is not the type of guy Toney could beat up. Even Michael Nunn boxed him until Toney caught up and stopped him. Mosley was better than Nunn and was not being stopped.
01-23-2017, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2017 10:35 PM by ViperSniper.)
(01-23-2017 01:10 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Prime for prime and p4p who would win?

Black

Nice one black!!

Everyones made good points and was swaying towards Spyders view based on the Winky shell (although diff to Toneys defense) but ATN bringing up Mosley being a boxer/mover (Jones) & being a much better fighter in his prime than people may remember.

This would have been a great p4p match up. Both had skill, could box, take massive shots and didn't mind brawling it out.

Mosley would have gotten off to a quicker start and banked some early rounds, while Toney starts sneaking in some cheeky counter shots that would rile Mosley up and force some exchanges. There would be alot of inside fighting and clinching here but overall I feel Mosley would have enough fire power to keep Toney honest and would have been active enough to take a close decision.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Toney's heavyweight career vs Haye's heavyweight car Fitz 48 28,401 04-08-2012 06:05 AM
Last Post: ROLLDEEP

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)