Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mosley or Toney - who had the best career?
02-04-2017, 06:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 06:15 AM by and the NEW.)
RE: Mosley or Toney - who had the best career?
(02-04-2017 04:47 AM)Dickagon Wrote:  Fenech had been stopped twice and only had two easy fights going into the Fenech fight.

This isn't about whether or not Mosley had a good career, this is about Mosley vs Toney. Mosley didn't do so much at 135 that he's some untouchabe fighter that no one can compete with p4p. Had Toney been in the today's mw division he'd look like SRR. That really wouldn't mean anything either.

That's why I added a Wink to the Fenech fight. It was a shell of Fenech, a blown up one at that.

Exactly, it is about Mosley vs Toney. Both guys had similar careers, stylistically, Toney struggled with speedy movers, Mosley didn't struggle with the shoulder D.

(02-04-2017 05:23 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Hmmmm...prime Toney vs GGG?

Black

That would have been epic!!

GGG is a lot smarter boxer than most people give him credit for. If he boxed, like he did vs Lemieux, he could make it close like the McCallum fights. If he tries to walk Toney down like he has his opponents in his other fights (Geale, Macklin, Brook), Toney eats him up!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2017, 07:40 AM
(02-04-2017 06:10 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  That's why I added a Wink to the Fenech fight. It was a shell of Fenech, a blown up one at that.

Exactly, it is about Mosley vs Toney. Both guys had similar careers, stylistically, Toney struggled with speedy movers, Mosley didn't struggle with the shoulder D.

That would have been epic!!

GGG is a lot smarter boxer than most people give him credit for. If he boxed, like he did vs Lemieux, he could make it close like the McCallum fights. If he tries to walk Toney down like he has his opponents in his other fights (Geale, Macklin, Brook), Toney eats him up!

Apart from one great round Floyd ate Mosley up with the shoulder defense and Toney was a lot more aggressive than Mayweather.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
02-04-2017, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 08:50 AM by blackbelt2003.)
The Mosley who beat DLH at 147 would have laid out the Mayweather he fought years later. Just saying.

That moment Floyd was stunned would have ended with a prime Mosley power combination that led with Floyd not getting up.

Black
02-04-2017, 07:43 PM
(02-04-2017 08:50 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  The Mosley who beat DLH at 147 would have laid out the Mayweather he fought years later. Just saying.

That moment Floyd was stunned would have ended with a prime Mosley power combination that led with Floyd not getting up.

Black

You base this on what???

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
02-05-2017, 03:02 AM
Knowing more Karate.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2017, 05:08 AM
(02-05-2017 03:02 AM)JONdaCON Wrote:  Knowing more Karate.

Well in that case............................I concede the point.

02-05-2017, 04:08 PM
Roflmao

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
02-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
02-06-2017, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2017 07:28 AM by blackbelt2003.)
Hahahaha :-)

I don't think it's massively unreasonable to assume that if an old Mosley came within one solid punch of dropping and finishing off Floyd, then a prime Mosley without his 'one shot' inhibitions would have had no trouble pulling the trigger and doing the job.

Black
02-06-2017, 02:22 PM
The unreasonable factor is that Shane was a counter puncher. He would've been tasked with countering a Floyd miss, and landing a shot at the moon to make your scenario plausible. Yeah it could happen, but I don't think that it should be an assumption.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Toney's heavyweight career vs Haye's heavyweight car Fitz 48 28,660 04-08-2012 06:05 AM
Last Post: ROLLDEEP

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)