Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mosley or Toney - who had the best career?
02-10-2017, 07:29 PM
RE: Mosley or Toney - who had the best career?
Mosley had foot speed but no real defense. Even when he tried to use head movement it's predictable and hittable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2017, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2017 08:12 PM by Fitz.)
I like when describing Toney and making weight, it's sometimes described as'weight issues' like it's some condition he has.
When fighters like Hatton, Chavez Jr blow up in weight. It's called laziness and people call a spade a spade.

lol
02-10-2017, 08:59 PM
Toney sacrificed Burger King to make weight, Jr smoked weed and ate Fruit Loops then took a diuretic. Toney then moved up to heavyweight to embrace his love of junk food
02-10-2017, 09:07 PM
Exactly. Toney was so dedicated to his craft (and diet) that he just adapted to whichever weight class his hunger took him. Not many fighters can do that, if any.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2017, 11:05 PM
The man was dedicated to his craft.
02-10-2017, 11:14 PM
(02-10-2017 09:07 PM)Spyder Wrote:  Exactly. Toney was so dedicated to his craft (and diet) that he just adapted to whichever weight class his hunger took him. Not many fighters can do that, if any.

In fact it hasn't been done before or since. It's a lot harder to eat your way into a weight class than people think, especially when you have to factor in Toney's dedication to his junk food even while in camp for a big fight. The ability to train for the likes of Jirov or Holyfield AND never back off a steady intake of Whoppers and Sprite takes unbelievable talent.

Remember when he tried to eat clean and train hard for the second Peter fight under the tutelage of Billy Blanks? James never looked so bad and sluggish in the ring.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
02-10-2017, 11:27 PM
(02-10-2017 11:14 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  In fact it hasn't been done before or since. It's a lot harder to eat your way into a weight class than people think, especially when you have to factor in Toney's dedication to his junk food even while in camp for a big fight. The ability to train for the likes of Jirov or Holyfield AND never back off a steady intake of Whoppers and Sprite takes unbelievable talent.

Remember when he tried to eat clean and train hard for the second Peter fight under the tutelage of Billy Blanks? James never looked so bad and sluggish in the ring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoJemgvLSp0

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2017, 02:59 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2017 04:57 AM by and the NEW.)
(02-04-2017 07:40 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Apart from one great round Floyd ate Mosley up with the shoulder defense and Toney was a lot more aggressive than Mayweather.

That's because Mosley was shot and could barely get off at that point unless somebody stood infront of him like Margarito, who had zero concept of lateral movement, yet he still managed to rock Floyd. The overhand right troubles Floyd's shoulder roll, simple as that. Mosley threw a wicked, fast overhand right. But either way, Floyd' use of the shoulder is nothing like Toney's. Floyd closes up behind the lead shoulder and cuts off the angle by standing tall (which is why the overhand right works well on him). Toney rolls his entire body with shots (the way that Eddie Futch and Gil Clancy used to teach), it is a completely different use of the shoulder. I actually don't think Mosley's overhand right would do well against Toney's D. But the jab, speed, combination punching and movement is what gives Toney fits, and that was Mosley's bread and butter prior to being ruined by Forrest (if you want to use the version of Mosley that fought Mayweather, then we better start using the version of Toney that lost to Drake Thadzi).
02-15-2017, 08:27 AM
(02-15-2017 02:59 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  That's because Mosley was shot and could barely get off at that point unless somebody stood infront of him like Margarito, who had zero concept of lateral movement, yet he still managed to rock Floyd. The overhand right troubles Floyd's shoulder roll, simple as that. Mosley threw a wicked, fast overhand right. But either way, Floyd' use of the shoulder is nothing like Toney's. Floyd closes up behind the lead shoulder and cuts off the angle by standing tall (which is why the overhand right works well on him). Toney rolls his entire body with shots (the way that Eddie Futch and Gil Clancy used to teach), it is a completely different use of the shoulder. I actually don't think Mosley's overhand right would do well against Toney's D. But the jab, speed, combination punching and movement is what gives Toney fits, and that was Mosley's bread and butter prior to being ruined by Forrest (if you want to use the version of Mosley that fought Mayweather, then we better start using the version of Toney that lost to Drake Thadzi).

Your comment was
Quote:Toney struggled with speedy movers, Mosley didn't struggle with the shoulder D.
so if your not referencing Floyd's shoulder defence then what/who were you referring to? Because I'm damn sure Shane NEVER faced anyone with a shoulder D as good as James'.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
02-15-2017, 09:28 AM
Mosley was junk after Forrest

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Toney's heavyweight career vs Haye's heavyweight car Fitz 48 28,659 04-08-2012 06:05 AM
Last Post: ROLLDEEP

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)