Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Manny Pacquiao-Jeff Horn signed for July 2nd in Australia.
01-12-2017, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2017 12:38 AM by ViperSniper.)
Manny Pacquiao-Jeff Horn signed for July 2nd in Australia.
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/report-p...ned-389100

Based on Manny's last opponent, now Horn, it seems Manny is content making easy money by not fighting the top guys in the division.

I'm a fan of Horn and as an Australian this is massive news (Australia could host the fight too), however it's not a very appealing fight and there are many better fight for Pac to take..even at this point in his career.

By saying all of that. I am pumped for this! Jeff Horn seems like a top bloke who has a good story! I feel he is able to hang with the top fighters but haven't see enough from him to suggest he can beat them either. This is a mammoth step up in competition and stage for Horn.

I'll be cheering Horn BIG TIME here, and will not count him out to pull off the big upset!

If Australia lands this fight, I'll be going regardless of where it is!

WAR HORN!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2017, 04:33 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 05:20 AM by and the NEW.)
RE: Manny Pacquiao-Jeff Horn signed for April 23rd.
Man, this is a ridiculous step up in competition for Horn, but I guess when Pacquiao comes knocking, you don't say no. This could also be a very odd looking fight with their two styles.

It really says a lot about where Pac is at mentally with his career.

I'll be rooting for Horn here. I might meet you at the fight Viper!
01-12-2017, 07:00 AM
(01-12-2017 04:33 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  Man, this is a ridiculous step up in competition for Horn, but I guess when Pacquiao comes knocking, you don't say no. This could also be a very odd looking fight with their two styles.

It really says a lot about where Pac is at mentally with his career.

I'll be rooting for Horn here. I might meet you at the fight Viper!

I'm not sure it says anything about Manny. He'd fight a gorilla if Arum and Kuntz said that's who he's fighting next. I hate seeing a great like this slowly get squeezed of every last ounce he has. I've met Jeff a few times and he's a nice guy if not boring as fuck, LOL. I won't be upset if he pulls the upset but as always I'll be rooting for the senator. I can see it be the type of fight where Manny suddenly gets old in the ring, it has to happen sooner or later. I don't think Horn is as out of the reckoning as many have him. It's often these types of fighters that pull the upset on an ageing great on the back end of their careers.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
01-12-2017, 07:24 AM
I don't mind this, seeing as Garcia and Thurman are booked up with each other and Brook and Khan are talking about fighting (that fight NEEDS to happen).

As long as Pac decides to go out with a bang and fight one of them afterwards.

Black
01-12-2017, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 08:44 AM by and the NEW.)
(01-12-2017 07:00 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  I'm not sure it says anything about Manny. He'd fight a gorilla if Arum and Kuntz said that's who he's fighting next. I hate seeing a great like this slowly get squeezed of every last ounce he has. I've met Jeff a few times and he's a nice guy if not boring as fuck, LOL. I won't be upset if he pulls the upset but as always I'll be rooting for the senator. I can see it be the type of fight where Manny suddenly gets old in the ring, it has to happen sooner or later. I don't think Horn is as out of the reckoning as many have him. It's often these types of fighters that pull the upset on an ageing great on the back end of their careers.

I vaguely remember sparring Jeff as he prepared for the Olympics in one of the rotations. He was nothing special (granted I was 10kgs heavier). He has come along since then, but he is still no world beater. His right hand and awkwardness is his weapon. That right hand is his only chance. But with that awkwardness, he increases his chances of pulling the upset. Still, I wouldn't be putting money on it, Pacquiao is too many levels above.
01-12-2017, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2017 09:15 AM by ViperSniper.)
Haha! As if you sparred with Horn ATN! Where was that at and did yous do many rounds?

Yeah Horn has never come remotely close to fighting anyone of the caliber of Pacquiao. This could very well be the biggest win in Australian history if Horn pulls it off though.
01-12-2017, 04:40 PM
I don't mind this fight. A mandatory for Pacquiao who has nothing else to prove, a chance for an unproven prospect and good for Australian boxing.
01-13-2017, 05:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2017 08:04 AM by and the NEW.)
(01-12-2017 09:14 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Haha! As if you sparred with Horn ATN! Where was that at and did yous do many rounds?

Yeah Horn has never come remotely close to fighting anyone of the caliber of Pacquiao. This could very well be the biggest win in Australian history if Horn pulls it off though.

haha man, I've been in the ring with a few of the pros here in Australia, Geale, Mundine, Katsidis. Throughout gyms in Sydney (Balmain, Marrickville, Rockdale) and at Stockade in Canberra. Unfortunately I was too young when I trained with Tszyu at the AIS and didn't get to spar him (couldn't use my weight over him at the time, so he would have blew me away, haha)! As for rounds, it was in a rotation, so from memory it was very few with Horn. I remember he was a complete newbie to the amateur scene and nobody knew him.

I liked Katsidis the most of them all. He had a real good vibe about him, just quiet and humble.

I'll tell you what though. They say the sparring in Australia is rough (Virgil Hill said this when he came to train with Johnny Lewis), but it is nothing compared to the gym wars in East LA with those Mexicans! Fuck me, they are full on fights in there, I was scared for my life! They were even more brutal than the sparring in Mexico.

Viper, if you go to this fight, we should spend the first half of the week in a gym working out and exchanging boxing knowledge, and the second half getting pissed in true Aussie spirit!
01-14-2017, 01:57 AM
(01-13-2017 05:41 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  haha man, I've been in the ring with a few of the pros here in Australia, Geale, Mundine, Katsidis. Throughout gyms in Sydney (Balmain, Marrickville, Rockdale) and at Stockade in Canberra. Unfortunately I was too young when I trained with Tszyu at the AIS and didn't get to spar him (couldn't use my weight over him at the time, so he would have blew me away, haha)! As for rounds, it was in a rotation, so from memory it was very few with Horn. I remember he was a complete newbie to the amateur scene and nobody knew him.

I liked Katsidis the most of them all. He had a real good vibe about him, just quiet and humble.

I'll tell you what though. They say the sparring in Australia is rough (Virgil Hill said this when he came to train with Johnny Lewis), but it is nothing compared to the gym wars in East LA with those Mexicans! Fuck me, they are full on fights in there, I was scared for my life! They were even more brutal than the sparring in Mexico.

Viper, if you go to this fight, we should spend the first half of the week in a gym working out and exchanging boxing knowledge, and the second half getting pissed in true Aussie spirit!

Farrr out!! Had no idea you had such boxing experience with the names you've mentioned. That is awsome as to hear!! Who did you do the most rounds with outta those names & who was the most fun & challenging of the lot you sparred against? You also trained in Mexico and LA too?

Man I've just been skimming lately and not sure how I missed this and the last part of your other post but for sure!! If this fight happens, I'll be going and if that's the case then catching up has gotta be done!!

As for training in the gym, I'm afraid you won't learn much from me nor will I be able to keep up lol but would still be down! Would be epic to catch up n get pissed and talk boxing!!
01-14-2017, 03:07 AM
Not in Mexico, I was advised by other locals there not too as they would load their gloves just to beat up a foreigner. This was 15 years ago now, so times may have changed, but I still doubt it in some of those dodgy gyms there.

Geale was the hardest for sure. But he is also the biggest by far. Horn was a novice and Katsidis was way smaller than me.

Hopefully it happens in Brisbane, let's wait and see!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao retires lloyd mayflower 1 266 09-29-2021 11:36 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Manny Pacquiao - Ryan Garcia JD 5 607 01-25-2021 09:38 AM
Last Post: JD
  Jeff Horn-Tim Tszyu 26th August ViperSniper 12 715 08-28-2020 05:13 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)