Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Manny Pacquiao-Jeff Horn signed for July 2nd in Australia.
01-14-2017, 04:45 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2017 05:01 AM by ViperSniper.)
RE: Manny Pacquiao-Jeff Horn signed for April 23rd.
Far out! Haha I wouldn't put it past the Mexicans haha
How'd you go with Mundine? Ha yeah Geale looks like he could be a tricky sort and seems heavier than he might appear.

Even though Katsidis was alot smaller, did you get much of a feel for his power?

Haha yeah man I'll really be hoping for the fight to land down here! Imagine if we could get Fitz and STEVENSKI on board!! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2017, 01:22 PM
Damn that's super cool that you got to share the ring with some of those names, ATN. You must be pretty good with your hands if you can hang with them.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-14-2017, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2017 06:45 PM by and the NEW.)
Yeah, been boxing for like 23 years Snoop, so I've learnt a few tricks. I only try to hold my own and not get beat up with those guys though! Although Geale went pretty hard, I was surprised by how strong he was, it makes you realise just how ridiculous guys like GGG are when they walk through a Geale like nothing!

Mundine was taking it pretty easy Viper. We were talking a bit of shit and just playing around. He was a super athlete though, so quick and sharp, but he wasn't nearly as tricky as Geale.

Katsidis you can feel the thump of his power. It is hard and sharp. I have no doubt if I was 10kgs lighter, it would have hurt like hell!

Mexico was pretty cool though, I didn't even talk to the guys in the gym (I couldn't speak much Spanish). But I was there for like 6 months, so got real familiar with the faces. Whenever they would see me out in a club, they would come up and buy me drinks and try to speak. It is cool how much respect they show you in that country if you can box a little.
01-14-2017, 11:19 PM
That's the thing man. A lot of casual fans don't realize how fucking super-human professional athletes are. They only look like normal people cuz they're going up against other super-humans. That's why I always find it funny when ppl talk mad shit about fighters who lose, when they forget that they could most likely kick the shit out of most people.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

01-15-2017, 01:02 AM
I used to think i was a great athlete in high school... I was the captain of the Football, Basketball and Tracc team and had a 50" vertical, had a 4.3 forty, could easily rep 225. The problem was i was only 5'10 155lbs.

When i got to college and there were guys who could run as fast as me, also had a 40" vertical but were 6"5 275.... i hated the world and my ancestry.

And fucc off idk what the Lbs are in stones and boulders.
01-15-2017, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 02:21 AM by and the NEW.)
Impressive Jon.

I think the USA is too concerned with verticals and sprint speeds though for athletes. There are guys like Anderson Silva, who probably doesn't jump high, doesn't run fast, but is super fluid and coordinated with his movements. In comparison, a guy like Georges St Pierre has a ridiculous vertical but isn't nowhere near as fluid an athlete.

Straight line up and down or forward is only a tiny subset of functional movement.
01-15-2017, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 09:51 AM by blackbelt2003.)
Wow that's cool ATN.

So who else spars with pros on here? I used to do a lot of rounds with my old friend, Pele Reid...remember him? He was a big, powerful heavyweight who went 13-0-0 (13) and was due to take on Tyson at Manchester until Julius Francis upset him for the British Heavyweight Title.

Pele and I came up on the kickboxing circuits together and he actually came back and joined our amateur team for a bit after losing to Michael Sprott. We did loads of rounds of sparring...he was massively heavy handed, even when going light.

Most of my sparring with pros was with Midlands-based journeymen like Pete Jackson, Paul Wesley, Howard Clarke and the infamous Smith gypsy brothers. TBH I never found any of them any trouble in sparring and have always wondered how I'd have done if had gone pro with Pele (he begged me and Roll Deep to go pro with Brendan Ingle, and also Richie Woodall tried to get us to go pro with his dad, but we plumped for business and financial security over boxing).

Black
01-15-2017, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 12:36 PM by Snoop.)
(01-15-2017 09:51 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Wow that's cool ATN.

So who else spars with pros on here? I used to do a lot of rounds with my old friend, Pele Reid...remember him? He was a big, powerful heavyweight who went 13-0-0 (13) and was due to take on Tyson at Manchester until Julius Francis upset him for the British Heavyweight Title.

Pele and I came up on the kickboxing circuits together and he actually came back and joined our amateur team for a bit after losing to Michael Sprott. We did loads of rounds of sparring...he was massively heavy handed, even when going light.

Most of my sparring with pros was with Midlands-based journeymen like Pete Jackson, Paul Wesley, Howard Clarke and the infamous Smith gypsy brothers. TBH I never found any of them any trouble in sparring and have always wondered how I'd have done if had gone pro with Pele (he begged me and Roll Deep to go pro with Brendan Ingle, and also Richie Woodall tried to get us to go pro with his dad, but we plumped for business and financial security over boxing).

Black

On the one hand, that would have been cool had you gone pro, just for the experience. On the other, boxing is one of the shadiest, most fucked up sports business-wise, so it was a really smart decision you didn't. When I used to work with kids at the boxing gym that didn't show any sort of professional promise, I used to say to them, "Keep boxing, but once you find something else you love and are good at, do that as your profession instead."

Or who knows? Maybe you and your bro would had been super fucking awesome in the pros and we'd all be talking about you guys instead.

don't know

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

01-15-2017, 06:08 PM
Problem with boxing is that no matter how good you are, the wrong punch at the wrong time renders you a nobody for the rest of your life.

It's a gamble I'd never advise anyone to take unless they had nothing else in life to turn to...but part of me will always wonder. Personally I don't think I had the natural power to make any waves.

Now Roll was ALL power. But on the downside his head is the same size as JCCJr's.

Black
01-15-2017, 07:07 PM
(01-15-2017 06:08 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Problem with boxing is that no matter how good you are, the wrong punch at the wrong time renders you a nobody for the rest of your life.

It's a gamble I'd never advise anyone to take unless they had nothing else in life to turn to...but part of me will always wonder. Personally I don't think I had the natural power to make any waves.

Now Roll was ALL power. But on the downside his head is the same size as JCCJr's.

Black

Does the idea of being the 'British Malignaggi' not appeal to you? Sportsmen do get a helluva lot of pussy.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao retires lloyd mayflower 1 266 09-29-2021 11:36 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Manny Pacquiao - Ryan Garcia JD 5 607 01-25-2021 09:38 AM
Last Post: JD
  Jeff Horn-Tim Tszyu 26th August ViperSniper 12 715 08-28-2020 05:13 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)