Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Manny Pacquiao-Jeff Horn signed for July 2nd in Australia.
07-02-2017, 02:31 AM
RE: Manny Pacquiao-Jeff Horn signed for July 2nd in Australia.
(07-02-2017 02:02 AM)boxingcritic Wrote:  I had it 116-114 for Horn. I gave a 10-8 for Pac in the 9th. i thought Manny 'fought back' hard but Horn dictated the pace and made it a war.

How did you get that score? Did you have some even rounds in there?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2017, 03:17 AM
(07-02-2017 02:29 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Wow. I wasn't interested in this fight before...now I wanna see it. Sounds like a good scrap.

Is Pac fading fast as a fighter? Obviously the power has been gone since the Hatton KO, but is his actual boxing slipping, too? For someone who has fought so many wars and at such a high octane pace for so many years I'm surprised he's still a world class fighter at 38.

Black

I don't think his boxing is slipping much, Horn is a just a super awkward style. Nobody is going to look clean against him. Pac would have rolled over Horn after the 9th a few years back (and likely the 9th would have come much earlier), but he is 38 and punched himself out.
07-02-2017, 03:42 AM
Horn is awkward as fuck. Dude was all over the place, bumping heads, holding...but it worked for him. Pac had difficulty finding him early, and only really dialed it in for the 9th. That one round was what Pac used to do from the jump, but now he can only pull it together for one round late in the fight. That 117-111 score was pure garbage. The fight was much closer than that.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2017, 03:56 AM
I had it 115-112 to Manny as I scored the 9th as a 10-8 round. Great atmosphere for the fight, really enjoyed the trip.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-02-2017, 04:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2017 04:52 AM by ViperSniper.)
Horn all the way! Pac won 4-5 rounds max. I'm not really aeeing this as controversial or an either way fight. Horn beat Pacman due to his awkward style, size, youth, determination & work rate. Manny looked not only frustrated but very discouraged at times and didn't really make noise until the 8th-9th. Horn got off to a firey start and banked enough rounds early by treating Manny as a 38 year old and not be in awe of a legend. Horn rose to the occasion and it had nothing to do with Manny getting old in this fight.

The biggest boxing win in Australian history. I'm shocked to see over the net the word "controversy"! What a croc of shit! I expect to see a rematch however and agree it's the best option for both. This will be massive for Horn's confidence and growth as a fighter!
07-02-2017, 11:43 AM
But we don't score awkwardness, do we?
We also don't score the way a fighter dictates the pace.
07-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Tim Bradley should've held his ground when he said this was a close fight. Teddy Atlas and Stephen Smith browbeat the fuck out of him, haha.
07-02-2017, 01:57 PM
(07-02-2017 11:43 AM)torvix2000 Wrote:  But we don't score awkwardness, do we?
We also don't score the way a fighter dictates the pace.
Ring generalship is scored. Awkwardness can attribute to what the opponent ISN'T able to do as well. Both are valid points to bring up with regards to scoring and how the fight played out.

One of the things that Horn did that created problems for Manny was keeping his distance, then rushing in when he saw an opening. Bernard Hopkins used a similar strategy in the twilight of his career.

The ninth round showed the class differential between the fighters, but Manny waited too long to showcase that.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2017, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2017 09:40 PM by torvix2000.)
Ring generalship is scored since it is just that GENERALSHIP. It includes everything in general including punches landed and their qualities.

But we don't score awkwardness.
We don't score how a fighter dictates the pace.

We only score them if they lead to him landing more than his opponent or better than his opponent.

Which implies that we only score punches. Hatton on Tszyu.
07-02-2017, 09:55 PM
You can't win a fight averaging 8 punch connects per round.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao retires lloyd mayflower 1 269 09-29-2021 11:36 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Manny Pacquiao - Ryan Garcia JD 5 626 01-25-2021 09:38 AM
Last Post: JD
  Jeff Horn-Tim Tszyu 26th August ViperSniper 12 725 08-28-2020 05:13 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)