Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Manny Pacquiao-Jeff Horn signed for July 2nd in Australia.
07-02-2017, 09:56 PM
RE: Manny Pacquiao-Jeff Horn signed for July 2nd in Australia.
(07-02-2017 09:55 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  You can't win a fight averaging 8 punch connects per round.

Actually, you can.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2017, 10:45 PM
(07-02-2017 09:56 PM)torvix2000 Wrote:  Actually, you can.

Only if the judges are in on it.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-02-2017, 11:40 PM
I had it 115-114 for Pac, 6 rounds to 5, one even. I felt there were a few that were very close rounds like the 2nd, 3rd, 11th and 12th off memory that really could have gone either way. Pac definitely blew his wad trying to close the show and had nothing left to follow up on that 9th with. Horn won the 10th IMO after that huge Pac round. I can't remember the last time we heard a ref tell a fighter he was going to stop the fight and that guy went on to win a decision. Doesn't happen too often.
07-03-2017, 12:31 AM
http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/crit...217dfb9c02

I saw the punchstats to this fight and have no idea where the fuck they got those numbers from?! They were wayy off.

Apparently the ESPN commentary was pretty off and Teddy lost his shit.

I just cannot see Pac winning this fight or the controversy in this fight. Only thing that I could see as maybe controversial is the 117-111 card which means Pac won 3 rounds which isn't a crazy view. Pac didn't win more than 5 rounds max.

For me this was most definitely a competitive fight but don't think it was close enough ob the cards to give it a draw or a win to Pac.

Horn came out and banged away at Manny's body & head from the opening bell. Manny looked overwhelmed to the point he wanted a way out later in the fight and you saw the whole glove banging Manny does only when things aren't working out for him.

Horn beat him and did a good job of roughing Manny up on the inside all night. Horn became a bit careless (like he does when he finds his rythym) from the eighth round onwards when Manny started finding the target but was still being tagged himself.
07-03-2017, 12:34 AM
Horns herky jerky mauling style is shit.

I hope he fights Spence next, but instead we will get a PPV rematch.
07-03-2017, 02:17 AM
(07-03-2017 12:31 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/crit...217dfb9c02

I saw the punchstats to this fight and have no idea where the fuck they got those numbers from?! They were wayy off.

Apparently the ESPN commentary was pretty off and Teddy lost his shit.

I just cannot see Pac winning this fight or the controversy in this fight. Only thing that I could see as maybe controversial is the 117-111 card which means Pac won 3 rounds which isn't a crazy view. Pac didn't win more than 5 rounds max.

For me this was most definitely a competitive fight but don't think it was close enough ob the cards to give it a draw or a win to Pac.

Horn came out and banged away at Manny's body & head from the opening bell. Manny looked overwhelmed to the point he wanted a way out later in the fight and you saw the whole glove banging Manny does only when things aren't working out for him.

Horn beat him and did a good job of roughing Manny up on the inside all night. Horn became a bit careless (like he does when he finds his rythym) from the eighth round onwards when Manny started finding the target but was still being tagged himself.

lemme guess, you thought Bradley won his first fight with Manny as well? Jeff had some good rounds, certainly won some rounds but not more than 5 of them, max. Running around headbutting a guy and holding him in choke holds doesn't mean you are winning the fight, it just means that you are fighting dirty and the ref is letting you get away with it. Look the overwhelming amount of boxing guys, commentators, fighters etc are calling this as a bad decision. They can't all be wrong.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
07-03-2017, 02:22 AM
(07-02-2017 09:28 PM)torvix2000 Wrote:  Ring generalship is scored since it is just that GENERALSHIP. It includes everything in general including punches landed and their qualities.

But we don't score awkwardness.
We don't score how a fighter dictates the pace.

We only score them if they lead to him landing more than his opponent or better than his opponent.

Which implies that we only score punches. Hatton on Tszyu.
The term “ring generalship” is somewhat subjective in nature, but generally refers to a boxer’s ability to dictate the pace and style of the fight.

http://boxing.isport.com/boxing-guides/h...-advantage

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2017, 03:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2017 03:53 AM by ViperSniper.)
Lemme guess Ollie..you're a massive Pac fanboy?
No bias here..I saw Horn beating Pac! Rewatched the fight I had it much closer with Horn winning 7-5. Btw..you don't score rounds by headbutts ollie..just punches lol
07-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Horn is terrible to watch.

Gritty, tough, awkward...but awful. If Pac retires I look forward to watching Spence murder this guy.
07-03-2017, 01:40 PM
(07-03-2017 12:52 PM)JD Wrote:  Horn is terrible to watch.

Gritty, tough, awkward...but awful. If Pac retires I look forward to watching Spence murder this guy.

In Australia! He needs to be humbled in his backyard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao retires lloyd mayflower 1 269 09-29-2021 11:36 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Manny Pacquiao - Ryan Garcia JD 5 626 01-25-2021 09:38 AM
Last Post: JD
  Jeff Horn-Tim Tszyu 26th August ViperSniper 12 725 08-28-2020 05:13 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)