Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Canelo vs. Chavez Jr. Set for May 6th
01-14-2017, 12:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2017 12:55 AM by ViperSniper.)
RE: Canelo vs. Chavez Jr. Set for May 6th
I'll be kind of surprised if this fight doesn't lead to a GGG fight. What could they possibly say after this to justify not taking a GGG fight!
This is an easy money fight before they eventually and reluctantly put Canelo in with Golovkin!

(01-14-2017 12:37 AM)Snoop Wrote:  Yeah he is. Which is why it's clear he ducked GGG, evidenced by the fact that he's taking a fight above middleweight, which is why people are upset by the fight. What is it exactly that you're not getting? Catchweights have nothing to do with the problem here.

Here's an explanation from the Canelo camp on why the weight jump is justified. Apparently they're using JCC jr. to prepare for GGG. Let's hope that's true.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dan-rafael/post...avez-fight

Haha. There you go!! lol
Agree though Snoop...let's hope AND see if it's true!

It's funny how they justify the Chavez fight as being about Mexican history, like all of a sudden they've got their priorities straight! Haha
Man I hope Chavez fails to make weight Knocks Cuntelo out and then gets busted for having copious amounts THC in his system!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2017, 12:56 AM
I had already read that, but it is obviously a preparation fight. He wasn't comfortable fighting GGG at 160 before, so maybe beating up on Junior at 164.5 will make him.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-14-2017, 02:45 AM
I think it's pretty clear that this is Canelo's way of taking a on a name but low risk fight at 160+ to transition himself to that division where he'll have no choice BUT to fight Golovkin shortly after.
01-14-2017, 03:02 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2017 03:03 AM by and the NEW.)
Canelo created a BS 155lb catchweight for years, saying his body isn't ready to fight at 160. Then after using that excuse for years to avoid GGG, jumps OVER 160 to fight somebody else. I won't even watch this fight. I'll only watch Canelo vs GGG to hopefully see GGG bash him!

As far as using this fight to transition, what an absolute load of total BS. Since when do fighters jump ABOVE the weight division above them, in order to prepare them to go back down to a higher weight division. WTF!
01-14-2017, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2017 12:47 PM by Snoop.)
(01-14-2017 03:02 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  Canelo created a BS 155lb catchweight for years, saying his body isn't ready to fight at 160. Then after using that excuse for years to avoid GGG, jumps OVER 160 to fight somebody else. I won't even watch this fight. I'll only watch Canelo vs GGG to hopefully see GGG bash him!

As far as using this fight to transition, what an absolute load of total BS. Since when do fighters jump ABOVE the weight division above them, in order to prepare them to go back down to a higher weight division. WTF!

I agree. There are a shit-ton of soft touches within the middleweight division that Canelo could have taken had that truly been the case. Instead he's going OVER the weight limit to transition himself into the class below it? Uhhh...ok?

As of now, I read all those statements as promoter double-talk from the Canelo camp (this is the same dude that said Canelo needed to "naturally mature" into the MW division). Until I see Canelo and GGG ring-walking to their fight, it isn't coming off. I sincerely hope I'm wrong though.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
01-14-2017, 04:48 PM
Chavez has been having trouble making 168. Even if he makes 164, he will probably be drained as fuck. And Chavez has already shown he can't hang with the big dogs. Once again, I think GBP is looking for an easy win. Why not take on Billy Joe Saunders, an undefeated middleweight champion? If they don't want to fight a southpaw, then how about Chris Eubanks Jr?

Canelo will get another sweet KO victory, which is fine...but we better see Canelo-GGG after this.
01-14-2017, 06:53 PM
Maybe I'm doing a poor job of communicating my stance.

- The weight limit is for JCC, NOT Canelo. It doesn't matter if it is above 160, because Canelo will likely come in a few pounds under anyway.
- Canelo has stated that he isn't ready to take on GGG at 160.
- Canelo's camp said that they want to use this fight to prepare for GGG.

Again, I don't see what the problem is. I think that your prejudice against catch weights is driving your discontent.

01-14-2017, 07:52 PM
Yeah, if this match is a preparation bout for GGG, then no one should have a problem. The GGG match needs to happen later this year for sure though.
01-14-2017, 09:09 PM
Barring an injury or setback, Sept 16th will be the date that they fight.

01-14-2017, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2017 09:00 AM by ViperSniper.)
This is no bout for "preparing" for Golovkin. I feel they have been cornered and know they'll have to fight him eventually so they are just trying to make as much money before they throw him in with GGG. Kinda what Canelo has been doing since having contracted fights at 155.

Some of those 155 fights were listed as "Super Welterweight attraction fights" but as soon as there was a title on the line his 155 fights became "Middleweight fights" but then when it came to a fight with GGG, it was made very clear that Canelo 'isn't a real Middleweight (as he defends that very title later against a fkn chinny Welterweight!).

Then more talks of GGG and he then goes down to Super Welter to get that beef guys title. Then MORE GGG talk happens and nothing. NOW the man that isn't a real Middleweight is bypassing that entire Middleweight division to "prepare" for a Middleweight???..

LMAO!!!!! COME ON!! Canelo is clearly holding off a GGG fight for as long as he can until he actually does fight him! Even if Canelo is going to fight GGG eventually it does not excuse his BS and does not excuse him from taking on this BS fight either.

Do I think the GGG will happen? Yes! Probably after this farce to. However this is a bitch move no matter what angle you want to look at it from!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Canelo/Ortiz vs Chavez Jr/Martinez JONdaCON 45 26,952 06-21-2012 03:42 PM
Last Post: Dickagon
  Chavez Jr. vs Canelo BigG 5 3,726 11-03-2011 01:01 PM
Last Post: Mean Mister Mustard

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)