Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

DeGale vs Jack, plus Tank Davis and Khytrov
01-14-2017, 11:34 PM
DeGale vs Jack, plus Tank Davis and Khytrov
Khytrov, one of the best blue chip prospects at 160, got KTFO! That was totally surprising. He was $1.16 for this fight.

Tank Davis was SUPER IMPRESSIVE against Pedraza. I thought Tank should be favourite but that it would be close, and got him at $3.03. But by fight time, he was in to $1.87. Relaxed, paces himself, great combinations, good footwork, upper body movement, huge power. He loads up though on everything, so he can't keep the volume up throughout rounds. Still, he is a really exciting prospect to throw into the mix. I had him up 4 rounds to 2 before he stopped Pedraza in the 7th. There are some great fights to be had around 130-135 with Tank, Lomachenko, Mikey Garcia and Verdejo!

Onto the main event, not overly excited about it. I think DeGale should handle Jack.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2017, 11:48 PM
RE: DeGale vs Jack, plus Tank Davis and Khytrov
(01-14-2017 11:34 PM)and the NEW Wrote:  Khytrov, one of the best blue chip prospects at 160, got KTFO! That was totally surprising. He was $1.16 for this fight.

Tank Davis was SUPER IMPRESSIVE against Pedraza. I thought Tank should be favourite but that it would be close, and got him at $3.03. But by fight time, he was in to $1.87. Relaxed, paces himself, great combinations, good footwork, upper body movement, huge power. He loads up though on everything, so he can't keep the volume up throughout rounds. Still, he is a really exciting prospect to throw into the mix. I had him up 4 rounds to 2 before he stopped Pedraza in the 7th. There are some great fights to be had around 130-135 with Tank, Lomachenko, Mikey Garcia and Verdejo!

Onto the main event, not overly excited about it. I think DeGale should handle Jack.

3 bucks is a STEAL mate for Davis. We should get some type of thread started where we can alert each other when someone sees particularly good odds on a fighter or fight.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
01-15-2017, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 12:56 AM by and the NEW.)
Yeah, there are some ridiculous odds from time to time. The bookies get it right most of the time, but every now and then they completely fukc it and the market actually takes a while to price it in.

Start the thread up Ollie, I know Brutal Body Shots likes to look at the odds etc as well and usually has some good picks on method of victory.

This is a way better fight than I anticipated. Jack has improved tremendously over the last couple of years. He is throwing great counter right hands, beautiful short left hooks and uppercuts and closing the distance really well. It could go either way at this point.

How about Mercante Jr almost got KOd by a loose Jack left hook, hahahaha. That was great!
01-15-2017, 12:44 AM
That was a tremendous fight, Jack looked so much physically stronger than DeGale but my God he showed some fight to stay in that fight. When DeGale fought on the outside and pivoted he looked like he was able to control the fight somewhat but Jack was able to walk him down to often and dominated the in-fighting and the mid-zone. What a great fucken fight by 2 warriors!

Jack by split decision I think.

Ok majority draw is the verdict. Not a horrible decision.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
01-15-2017, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2017 12:55 AM by and the NEW.)
Majority draw. That fight has to happen again. What a great card to start the year!

Yep, Jack loves that mid range, if he can control the distance he was killing DeGale in that zone (but I wast most impressed by his timing of the straight counter right). But DeGale as you say, was outboxing him from the outside, using more angles, more combinations. I thought that fight deserved a draw.

Floyd, what an idiot. He gets in and starts talking about himself again! That guy's head has swelled to new levels!
01-15-2017, 01:06 AM
I thought Badou pulled it off but wasnt terribly upset with the Draw. Badou started out slow and Degale had some good thud in his shots but Degale def slowed down and Jacc took big advantage towards the in. Degale showed he has some serious grit but he looked beat to hell by the end of the fight...

Wouldnt mind seeing it again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-15-2017, 09:37 AM
What a fight! 15 days in to the new year and we already have a FOTY contender!

I think a draw was the absolute best decision. Nobody deserved to lose this, and both men emerge with credit. DeGale is one tough SOB with heart and balls, and Jack looks so strong, efficient and solid.

The only downside is that Floyd seems insistent Jack is moving up in weight...I'd love it if they can convince him for one more 168 meeting with DeGale to get the belts unified.

Also I was mightily impressed with Gervonta Davis. He is like a more aggressive, powerful, southpaw version of Floyd...less of the defensive prowess and cautious pot-shotting which makes him slightly more flawed but infinitely more exciting.

Would love to see him in with Jezreel Corrales, Francisco Vargas or Orlando Salido. I think Loma is a bit too good for now so keep that one on the backburner as a superfight for next year.

Black
01-16-2017, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2017 07:03 AM by and the NEW.)
Yeah, Lomachenko is too much for Davis, definitely at this point, and probably at any point. But fights with Vargas and Corrales could be interesting! I reckon he goes the mandatory first though. Mayweather Promotions seemed intent on pulling him out of this title shot against Pedraza, thinking it was too early, but Gervonta demanded it and got his way. He is a super exciting prospect! 130-135 was a real junkpit for a long while, but all of a sudden we have Lomachenko, Tank, Mikey Garcia and Verdejo, talk about some serious fights that could get made in the coming years!

Talking about Lomachenko, this just out, literally a minute ago: “Lomachenko will fight on the 8th or 15th of April. We have not yet concluded the negotiations with his opponent, but most likely it will be a unification bout with Corrales” Arum said. Sick, Lomachenko would beat the breaks off of Corrales!
01-16-2017, 02:56 PM
Yeah, just read that! Good...I want Loma to collect all the belts and make a reign worthy of his skills and potential. I don't want him to be another guy who jumps through the weights too fast until he finally goes up too far and then can't come down.

He is the perfect size for a 130 guy.

Black
01-17-2017, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2017 07:37 AM by and the NEW.)
Yeah, get this title from Corrales, a Salido rematch, maybe a Gamboa fight for show and Tank down the road, then hop up and Mikey Garcia and Verdjo should be dominating lightweight where superfights could be made!

BTW, Mayweather out talking about Tank vs Lomachenko:

“Tank, there’s no rush,” Mayweather said to Davis, using the fighter’s nickname. “You young. We wanna build that bank account, be smart, make the right moves.” If that means making optional title defenses and eventually a mandatory defense of Davis’ IBF championship, that’s fine by Mayweather. “We’re not looking to unify the belts right now,” Mayweather said. “We’re gonna be smart. We gonna move and let him make money, and let his money build. And when the time is right, we’re gonna take the fights that we need.”

Mayweather and Oscar in the promotional business absolutely suck. Become a name, then duck everybody good until they are old and beatable.

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-no...um=twitter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tank Davis versus Ryan Garcia the ollie reed fan club 47 2,168 05-15-2023 01:47 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear
  Leo Santa Cruz-Tank Davis set for Halloween! ViperSniper 16 1,666 11-07-2020 06:50 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Tank Davis Misses Weight JD 13 845 12-30-2019 01:34 AM
Last Post: JD

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)