Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Fighters who were never able to get in the fight
01-17-2017, 04:55 AM
RE: Fighters who were never able to get in the fight
Spinks/Tyson. Man for some reason Spinks was never able to work his way into that fight. I thought there might be spots over those 91 seconds where he could start to turn the tide but it just never quite happened.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2017, 07:19 AM
(01-17-2017 04:52 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Corrales against Mayweather is a pretty good example of this happening. Corrales really got abused and beat around the ring throughout the fight. Floyd didn't give him any chances. The Corrales and N'Dou fights are probably the best Mayweather has ever looked in the ring.

Gatti?
01-17-2017, 07:32 AM
Yeah the Gatti fight is definitely up there but I must say N'Dou fight was the most impressive Mayweather has looked for me. Would you say Gatti for you?
01-17-2017, 07:34 AM
Yeah, he got hit more against N'dou, but he was more aggressive in that fight. N'dou is definitely one of his best, probably there with Gatti and Corrales. Hernandez was pretty impressive too, as was Marquez. They were all total shutouts.
01-17-2017, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2017 11:43 AM by ViperSniper.)
Yeah Mayweather did get hit more by N'Dou as he stayed in the pocket and along the ropes more. N'Dou was able to press Mayweather more effectively than Gatti which allowed Mayweather to show more of his defensive skill and flashy countering and combination. Whereas with Gatti became a sitting duck by the end of the first round and Mayweather was able to tee off with confidence.
Gatti against Mayweather is another case where he was never able to get in the fight after being dropped in the first and being overwhelmed with speed and accuracy.
01-17-2017, 07:47 AM
One of my favourite Mayweather fights, that is rarely if ever mentioned, is Mayweather vs Justin Juuko. He displayed phenomenal talent in that fight.
01-17-2017, 08:04 AM
Can't say I've seen that fight, I'll have to suss it!
01-17-2017, 11:12 AM
Pac vs Clottey.

Rigo vs Donaire

Sergio Martinez vs JCC jr.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-17-2017, 01:46 PM
Torvix vs CEO

Black
01-17-2017, 09:17 PM
I cant really say the Gatti/FMJ fight because that was a mismatch from jump. Anyone that saw DLH/Gatti already knew it.

The Corrales fight for me is one of the ultimate examples because there were a LOT of expectations leading into that fight that it was going to be a real barn burner w all the bad blood leading into it.
Instead, it was like Corrales was just so weight drained, had NO legs and was just a shell.

It was just a let down. I wasnt a particular fan of either gu but was a real fan of the match-up, but the fight we all wanted to see never materialized because Corrales couldn't get out of first gear. Shit, he couldnt get out of neutral.

In my humble opinion

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)