Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Fighters who were never able to get in the fight
01-17-2017, 10:04 PM
RE: Fighters who were never able to get in the fight
I remember that Meth. It was an intriguing match up, in fact there was heavy wager action in the group that I watched it with. Chico just never showed up.

Two more from around the same time period...

Hamed vs MAB
Tito vs Hopkins

Both guys came in as the favorites, only to be completely outclassed from start to finish.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2017, 11:08 PM
(01-17-2017 09:17 PM)Method Wrote:  I cant really say the Gatti/FMJ fight because that was a mismatch from jump. Anyone that saw DLH/Gatti already knew it.

The Corrales fight for me is one of the ultimate examples because there were a LOT of expectations leading into that fight that it was going to be a real barn burner w all the bad blood leading into it.
Instead, it was like Corrales was just so weight drained, had NO legs and was just a shell.

It was just a let down. I wasnt a particular fan of either gu but was a real fan of the match-up, but the fight we all wanted to see never materialized because Corrales couldn't get out of first gear. Shit, he couldnt get out of neutral.

In my humble opinion

When you look at it like that, it's a fair call. Some fights I didn't include because it came down to being a mismatch/in different leagues the moment the bell rang.

Btw ATN! I watched the Mayweather-Juuko fight and can totally see why you brought it up. Mayweather looked fkn awsome in that fight. Had he been able to fight like that he could have been a bigger draw.
It was one of the best he had looked and one of the most entertaining performances I've seen from him. He showed a bit of everything and had shown a bit more flash than normal too.
Find all posts by this user
01-20-2017, 05:26 AM
(01-17-2017 11:08 PM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Btw ATN! I watched the Mayweather-Juuko fight and can totally see why you brought it up. Mayweather looked fkn awsome in that fight. Had he been able to fight like that he could have been a bigger draw.
It was one of the best he had looked and one of the most entertaining performances I've seen from him. He showed a bit of everything and had shown a bit more flash than normal too.

Yeah, you could just tell that Mayweather was feeling it that night. He was in the zone and enjoying himself.
01-20-2017, 06:44 AM
(01-20-2017 05:26 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  Yeah, you could just tell that Mayweather was feeling it that night. He was in the zone and enjoying himself.

Agreed. Although you could argue the Corrales/Gatti or even Marquez fights were perhaps his most flawless performances, but Juuko/N'Dou were fights where Mayweather showed a bit of everything that he can do in those fights, opened up and looked good doing it. His defense, his moves, hands speed, combination punching, moving, dancing, defense & countering were all on display.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)