Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Lomachenko vs Mayweather @ 130
01-23-2017, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2017 05:36 AM by and the NEW.)
Lomachenko vs Mayweather @ 130
Who wins at their 130lb primes?

The styles would be interesting. Mayweather moved a lot more down at 130, was longer, had the great jab. But Lomachenko wouldn't give him the counter punching opportunities, and would make it more difficult to defend behind the shoulder by creating angles to set up his own attack.

I am struggling to pick a winner here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2017, 01:07 PM
RE: Lomachenko vs Mayweather @ 130
Mayweather was far from the finished article at 130. His athleticism and speed were something to behold but he hadn't quite tightened up his defence or pacing at this stage.

I think Loma would gradually work him out as the fight went on and it would be a close decision finish.

Black
01-23-2017, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2017 06:28 PM by and the NEW.)
I'm not sure hey, I think Mayweather may have been better down at 130-140. He had way better movement, and fought with a lot more fluidity. Some of his performances there at his absolute peak, Juuko, Corrales, were something to behold.

He definitely developed ring generalship even better and tightened up his defence as he moved up to 147, but the latter was also because he was much more selective with his shots, so he wouldn't beat guys up and break them down up like he used to. He was 35-0 (24KOs) from 140 down. Granted he also stepped up his competition after this point, his change in strategy was also obvious, going 14-0 (2KOs).
01-24-2017, 08:51 PM
Mayweather.

As good as Lomachenko is, the sample size on him is too small especially at 130 where we've seen him only twice. Speed kills, and that's something Mayweather possesses far in excess of the two fighers Lomachenko faced at 130. I say the fight goes the distance and Mayweather takes it close but clearly at 116-112 or 115-113.
01-24-2017, 10:12 PM
This is a tough one to pick. They could probably fight 3 times, win 1 each and draw the other. I actually side towards Floyd's size in this one. He was quite big for 130 and he knows how to utilise his size, but damn Loma is soooo sneaky with his angles. An intriguing mythical match-up for sure.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
01-24-2017, 10:19 PM
The skills between these two would be pouring outta the ring @ 130.

However I somewhat agree with BBS that the sample size @ 130 for Loma is still a little small.

HOWEVER, going by the minimal fights of Loma, it would be a very close fight! I wouldn't argue with either pick and that is saying alot about a man who is a novice compared to Mayweather in the pros.
01-24-2017, 11:48 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-2017 11:49 PM by and the NEW.)
I've been rewatching both of these guys fights lately, just to get a refresher feel for the styles. And I think I go with Ollie, I reckon if they fought three times, they could get one each and split one. Both are such enigmas with their skillsets, they are so far outside the norm.

I can imagine Mayweather getting the better work done outside off the jab, lead right, his speed and length. But Loma would get the better work done on the inside, catching Mayweather where few do behind the shell and getting him with short shots as Mayweather tries to pivot off the ropes.

I certainly wouldn't be putting my money on this fight either way though!
01-25-2017, 12:06 AM
Their skills would nullify each other....

Im 100% convinced it'd be to the point that both of them stand in the middle of the ring staring at each other for 12 rounds.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-25-2017, 12:24 AM
(01-25-2017 12:06 AM)JONdaCON Wrote:  Their skills would nullify each other....

Im 100% convinced it'd be to the point that both of them stand in the middle of the ring staring at each other for 12 rounds.

I kinda agree Jon. By the mid-rounds the judges would be reduced to scoring feints like actual punches, LOL.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
01-25-2017, 12:27 AM
"You punch first"

"No you punch first"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)