Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Golovkin vs Jacobs
03-13-2017, 02:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2017 02:44 AM by and the NEW.)
RE: Golovkin vs Jacobs
This HBO preview show for the fight is actually probably better than the 24/7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14wbuYS_FJ4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2017, 02:53 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2017 02:54 AM by ViperSniper.)
Watched that last night ATN. Really hoping Jacobs can continue his journey and add another story to it by being the first to beat GGG.

Couple of sidenotes..Golovkin has a twin brother Max who also boxes but it was either him or Gennady that could persure their career due to finance. The family decided it would be Gennady that continued his career. Tough story.
GGG has already surpassed Hagler & Monzon's Middleweight defenses and is already targeting Hopkins record. GGG will be making his 17th title defense while never being linear champion lol

Jacobs is on a 12 fight win streak and since his comeback is 10-0 (10KOs). His nutritionist is also Chris Algeiri too.
03-13-2017, 05:17 AM
(03-13-2017 02:53 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  GGG will be making his 17th title defense while never being linear champion lol

That says a lot about the longevity of "lineal" champions avoiding him. He is also defending the WBA strap, so I'm not sure how legit it was, was there a "super champion" over that period? The WBC is becoming as a big a joke with their "diamond champion". Funny now how you can have Broner, a supposed 4 division world champion, receive less respect than a guy like Porter, who just grinds it out against top quality opposition. People really only care about who you beat, particularly these days, not which belts you held.
03-13-2017, 07:23 PM
Thats because belts are meaningless.
03-14-2017, 09:38 AM
I am actually pumped for this fight. In no way do I think Jacobs can actually win, but I do have a sneaking feeling that this is going to be exciting.

Black
03-14-2017, 04:00 PM
That's because you can't name a single good fighter Jacobs has beaten. I really have a hard time seeing this being competitive.
03-15-2017, 12:44 AM
Quillin was good. Mora was decent. Caleb Truax was ok.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-15-2017, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2017 06:06 AM by and the NEW.)
The undercard to this will be a barnburner, better than the main event. Wisaksil Wangek is a guy that comes full steam ahead, like Roman, but he is bigger and more powerful. Obviously lacking the same level of skills though. But still, if he lands his body shots, he could seriously hurt or even stop Roman. This is a much closer fight than the public and oddsmakers think, putting Roman at like $1.06. Wisaksil Wangek has only lost once since the start of his career, and this was against Carlos Cuadras (who gave Roman all he could handle). The thing most people don't know is, Cuadras beat Wangek off a TD following a head clash in round 8. It was a very close fight, but Wangek hurt Cuadras badly in the previous round with vicious body shots and was coming on hard. Is is highly likely he would have also beaten Cuadras had the fight not been stopped on cuts. Not only beaten, but it is definitely possible that Wangek would have stopped Cuadras!

Gonzalez is in up to his neck for this one!
03-15-2017, 02:43 PM
Yea Wangek has some crazy pop for such a low weight class... in fact thats all Cuadras could talk about. He all but guaranteed Chocolatito will eventually get hurt in this fight...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-15-2017, 03:15 PM
Quillin was really overrated. Floyd liking him was on of the highlights of his career. Jacobs was stopped when he stepped it up and fought Pirog and then has had some very mediocre fights. I expect him to be outclassed and for this to be a really easy fight for Golovkin.

I was interested in watching the 24/7 for it until Golovkin called himself old school and said if you want to fight him call his people.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)