Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Golovkin vs Jacobs
03-15-2017, 08:23 PM
RE: Golovkin vs Jacobs
You're playing Monday Morning Quarterbacc with Jacobs career...

Pirog wasnt a step up, it was equally 2 relatively unknown contenders fighting for a vacant alphabet title...

He also fought Ishe several fights before Pirog.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2017, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2017 02:28 AM by and the NEW.)
(03-15-2017 02:43 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  Yea Wangek has some crazy pop for such a low weight class... in fact thats all Cuadras could talk about. He all but guaranteed Chocolatito will eventually get hurt in this fight...

Yep, he is a natural super fly. And in 41 wins, 2 were technical decisions and 38 KOs, so he only has 1 guy that has gone the distance. Albeit, his competition has been lacking. But when you think he could have stopped Cuadras, something Gonzalez never looked close to doing, you have to wonder just how big and powerful he is going to look in there against an inflated Chocolatito!

He also went 1-1-3 in his first 5 fights. Since then, he is 40-1, and that sole loss could/should have been a win!
Find all posts by this user
03-16-2017, 04:27 AM
Has Gonzalez made the classic mistake of drifting too far up in weight whilst collecting as many belts as possible?

Black
03-16-2017, 05:07 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2017 05:09 AM by and the NEW.)
(03-16-2017 04:27 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Has Gonzalez made the classic mistake of drifting too far up in weight whilst collecting as many belts as possible?

Black

I think so. He is an absolute master at what he does. But he is a pressure fighter. Those guys don't fare too well as they go up, and I think we already saw that against Cuadras. Apparently Chocolatito was struggling to make weight, but he reminds me of Donaire, neither guy is that lean, I just can't see how he can't shred more fat and stay at fly.

Now put him in with big punchers like Wangek and Inoue, and it could spell a lot of problems for him. Even if he still manages to beat these guys, he is going to continue to accumulate a lot of damage, which is rare considering he barely had any trouble from fly down, except for perhaps Yagaeshi who will give anybody a rough night.
03-16-2017, 03:05 PM
Cuadras was saying how he didnt think Choco had enough Pop to keep guys like him and Wangek at bay....

And being a pressure fighter with no pop isnt a good combo at a higher weight class were guys are more durable and hit harder.
03-17-2017, 08:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaO-dvNWrYA

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
03-18-2017, 03:06 AM
(03-16-2017 05:07 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  I think so. He is an absolute master at what he does. But he is a pressure fighter. Those guys don't fare too well as they go up, and I think we already saw that against Cuadras. Apparently Chocolatito was struggling to make weight, but he reminds me of Donaire, neither guy is that lean, I just can't see how he can't shred more fat and stay at fly.

Now put him in with big punchers like Wangek and Inoue, and it could spell a lot of problems for him. Even if he still manages to beat these guys, he is going to continue to accumulate a lot of damage, which is rare considering he barely had any trouble from fly down, except for perhaps Yagaeshi who will give anybody a rough night.

So all that being so is it worth putting a sneaky 20 against Chocalatito in this fight? What are the odds I wonder? He definitely looked less than stellar in his last fight and I do wonder if this extra weight will count against him. Every elite fighter has to understand that just because they are elite it doesn't mean they can do what Manny and Floyd did.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-18-2017, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2017 02:54 PM by Imperius3.)
Jacobs looks strong and confident. I haven't forgotten the Pirog fight though...

I still have GGG in 7.

In case anyone missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xa3dig4fBw
03-18-2017, 03:37 PM
Jacobs isn't that guy...even when he does weigh 180 and has a 12 pound weight advantage come fight time.

GGG in 6.
03-18-2017, 07:10 PM
Jacobs is a live dog.... if he can land some of the shots Kell landed... he can def pull off the upset.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)