Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Golovkin vs Jacobs
03-19-2017, 12:59 AM
RE: Golovkin vs Jacobs
I thought both Choco Gonzalez and GGG lost....

Jacobs by 2 rounds.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2017, 01:00 AM
(03-19-2017 12:54 AM)BrutalBodyShots Wrote:  Well, interestingly that parlay would not have played out.

Golovkin didn't look good tonight at all. Surprised there was no sense of urgency from him in the final few rounds, especially in the 12th.

Yeah, phew lol

(03-19-2017 12:59 AM)JONdaCON Wrote:  I thought both Choco Gonzalez and GGG lost....

Jacobs by 2 rounds.

A super hard fight to score. Did Jacobs win 7 rounds? Maybe, did Golovkin? Maybe. Jacobs fought fantastically tonight no doubt whereas Triple G was clearly having a rough night at the office.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
03-19-2017, 01:04 AM
(03-19-2017 12:54 AM)BrutalBodyShots Wrote:  Golovkin didn't look good tonight at all. Surprised there was no sense of urgency from him in the final few rounds, especially in the 12th.

Yeah, GGG definitely looked flat. I'm surprised he didn't turn it up also. Perhaps he is just getting old, he is like 35! That fight could have gone either way. Who wins vs GGG and Canelo now?

I thought Gonzalez probably won, but damn that was close. He was blown over just by a body shot that wasn't even placed well. I got 8-1 on Wangek for that one!
03-19-2017, 01:05 AM
I'm still high on Golovkin for Canelo, I think you need an urban style to beat Triple G which Canelo doesn't possess. They might feel a little bolder though to make the fight. Golovkin is a murderous body puncher yet hardly there any tonight, he was clearly out of sorts.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-19-2017, 01:16 AM
I had DJ by 2.
03-19-2017, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2017 04:00 AM by ViperSniper.)
The Gonzalez fight was great and don't have an issue with the decision.

The GGG fight was closer than it should have been. It seemed GGG never really went for it like he could have and Jacobs didn't take advantage of the distance and range he had throughout the night. Both could have let their hands go more in sections and because of this, we ended up seeing a very close fight on the cards.

Lemieux-Jacobs/GGG-Canelo would be a hell of a card.
03-19-2017, 03:59 AM
(03-19-2017 01:05 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  I'm still high on Golovkin for Canelo, I think you need an urban style to beat Triple G which Canelo doesn't possess. They might feel a little bolder though to make the fight. Golovkin is a murderous body puncher yet hardly there any tonight, he was clearly out of sorts.
Funny you say that, I thought while watching that Floyd could beat him and might decide to fight him after this.

I thought that Jacobs fought a very professional fight, and one that he should be proud of. He stayed calm, and worked spots with GGG to land and not leave himself exposed. The fight really was decided by a flash KD. I'd love to see a rematch.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-19-2017, 04:49 AM
I thought GGG edged a close fight, but can we please stop with the adulation of him now? He is not a monster, he is not a p4p king, he is not an unbeatable demi-God.

Black
03-19-2017, 04:56 AM
As good as GGG is, he has always been incredibly hyped and overrated!
03-19-2017, 05:37 AM
Ridiculously so. His best three opponents are now: David Lemieux (fun but emminently beatable fringe champion), Kell Brook (a WELTERweight) and Daniel Jacobs (see JD's assessments of him).

Compare that with the likes of Kovalev, Ward, Rigondeaux et al. It's easy to look unbeatable when you're beating up on fringe guys and welterweights.

Black

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)