Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Golovkin vs Jacobs
03-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Golovkin vs Jacobs
I didn't see a thread on this yet unless it's buried somewhere. How do you guys see this one playing out?

Also off topic here, but what happened to that guy (Pirog I think) that handed Jacobs his only loss a long time ago? I don't think he ever lost, but don't remember hearing anything else from him.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2017, 10:42 PM
RE: Golovkin vs Jacobs
I remember Pirog, dude was a stud. I don't know what happened to him. GGG handles Jacobs.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2017, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 12:35 AM by ViperSniper.)
It appears Pirog is still undefeated but hasn't fought since 2012 when he beat the Japanese that knocked Kirkland out in the 1st round.

In regards to this match up it should be fun while it lasts. I'm hoping Jacobs can land a couple of bombs before GGG starts landing himself. Jacobs can crack so it should be interesting to see how Golovkin wears those shots. Golovkin gets the W within 4 rounds.
03-02-2017, 04:50 AM
Pirog retired. He's a bad back.
03-02-2017, 06:07 AM
I don't think the thread could be buried anywhere if it isn't on the 1st page, lol.

Jacobs will be game, and I hope he at least gives GGG's whiskers a test and I think their could be fireworks early, though Jacobs will most likely get broken down and get stopped in the mid rounds I think.
03-02-2017, 08:43 AM
Is Jacobs the best Golovkin has fought so far?

(Note: I know Brook is p4p better than Jacobs, but he's not a better middleweight)

Black
03-02-2017, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 11:29 AM by ViperSniper.)
(03-02-2017 08:43 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Is Jacobs the best Golovkin has fought so far?

(Note: I know Brook is p4p better than Jacobs, but he's not a better middleweight)

Black

I know some have said Geale or Murray but I think Lemieux then Jacobs possibly. No stands out or any significant wins yet for Golovkin..just good showings.

I gotta feeling when Canelo does decide to fight Golovkin it will be at Super Middleweight where Canelo's body would benefit more than GGG up north..
03-02-2017, 01:20 PM
This is the problem with GGG. He's dominating a division and looking good beating up on 'b' level contenders and champs...but without that A lister on his record it's hard to put him above a Kovalev, Ward or Gonzalez.

Black
03-02-2017, 02:03 PM
(03-02-2017 01:20 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  This is the problem with GGG. He's dominating a division and looking good beating up on 'b' level contenders and champs...but without that A lister on his record it's hard to put him above a Kovalev, Ward or Gonzalez.

Black
Hopkins had the same problem. His resume was almost absent of any names until the welterweights started eating better. Jermain Taylor was the only other A-list middleweight that he faced...outside of Roy, of course.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2017, 05:00 PM
Jacobs was a good prospect 7 years ago

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)