Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Golovkin vs Jacobs
03-22-2017, 06:01 AM
RE: Golovkin vs Jacobs
(03-22-2017 02:03 AM)Snoop Wrote:  How would GGG have done against Floyd at 154?

GGG would have better chance against Mayweather, than he would against Ward. At 154 I'd edge it to Mayweather, but had they fought at Middleweight, then I'd slightly edge it to GGG.

Although GGG has never fought anyone of Floyds style, but could see Mayweather being able to possibly have more success on more occasions, purely by stinking up the joint Baldozar styles. Maybe because GGG has yet to impress me with a win, whereas Mayweather the little cunt has!

It's difficult comparing both in matchups in those divisions as we've never seen GGG fight below 160 or Mayweather above 154. Not to mention there isn't very good measuring sticks for both fighters either. Mayweathers best fight he took at 154 was against Cotto, who many said wasn't the same fighter and the fight itself was around 4 years too late. On the other hand Jacobs has been the best GGG's faced but many would argue that Jacobs just isn't that great. Ironically both Cotto/Jacobs were considered one of, if not the most difficult nights for both fighters when they took place.

It's one of the only times either guy has fought someone solid in their division and they struggled. Both are overrated in their own way, yet both a very talented fighters.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2017, 06:42 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2017 06:48 AM by and the NEW.)
GGG always struggled with movers, even in the amateurs. He also seems to find it hard to find the range against southpaws. Andre Dirrell was one of his hardest fights and there is no doubt that Jacobs' team watched that matchup. GGG himself has said Dirrell was his hardest amateur fight. That is telling considering he had like 300+ fights with an incredible winner percentage. GGG doesn't throw a good straight right hand, which is the most effective punch vs a southpaw. The other most effective weapons are solid pressure and outside foot position, but when a guy uses such great lateral movement, that pressure and foot position isn't as effective as you can't set your feet and establish position. Jacobs simply made it an akward fight for GGG with a great game plan and perfect execution. You could see GGG trying to find his range all night, even slapping punches out just trying to measure Jacobs.

Canelo is in to like 2.21 now for the GGG fight. Canelo actually presents a different challenge. He definitely doesn't have the movement or the ability to switch southpaw, but he rolls well with shots on the inside. That is something GGG wouldn't have experienced in the amateurs and hasn't experienced in the pros yet. Add in that Canelo is as thick as hell these days and will probably outweigh GGG come fight time, and it could make for a real interesting fight with Canelo letting combinations fly from mid range or on the inside, something that served Brook well as far as inflicting his own damage (he put more on GGG in a few rounds than Jacobs did in 12).

I watched the Choco fight again also, he definitely won that. He was clearly the superior fighter and landed by far the cleaner blows. Wangek had the harder shots and definitely won a few rounds, but it was a clear win for Choco. No doubt we will see a rematch of this one. Choco wants it and he is the money fighter in the division. Plus Teiken want to make the Choco vs Inoue fight down the track.
03-22-2017, 09:33 AM
Cotto vs GGG would def be interesting.... as would Lara, whom ive always wanted to see fight GGG.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-22-2017, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2017 09:58 AM by blackbelt2003.)
As much as we like to think of GGG as a destroyer, he certainly doesn't pull the trigger when someone hits him back hard. That's why he turned boxer vs Lemieux and Jacobs. And Canelo hits just as hard as Jacobs I'd wager.

Black
03-22-2017, 10:03 AM
GGG is going to bring the dog out in Canelo.

But that jab will be the difference.
03-22-2017, 02:50 PM
Canelo's power is overrated. He couldn't even hurt Cotto with flush shots
03-22-2017, 03:46 PM
At 160 I agree.

I see Canelo getting hurt.
03-22-2017, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2017 08:31 PM by JONdaCON.)
Canelo isnt getting passed JJC jr...

Which reminds me... Sergio Martinez def would've beat GGG in his prime.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-22-2017, 06:45 PM
JCC is very live
03-23-2017, 04:12 AM
(03-22-2017 09:57 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  As much as we like to think of GGG as a destroyer, he certainly doesn't pull the trigger when someone hits him back hard. That's why he turned boxer vs Lemieux and Jacobs. And Canelo hits just as hard as Jacobs I'd wager.

Black

I concur. GGG looked more petrified of Jacobs' power than vice versa.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)