Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Top 5 current Heavyweights without a world title.
03-03-2017, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2017 12:20 AM by ViperSniper.)
Top 5 current Heavyweights without a world title.
Who are the best HW at the moment who don't hold a world title?

You got Klitschko, Ortiz, Chisora, Whyte, Ruiz Jr, Haye, Stiverne, Pulev, Breazeale, Povetkin, Browne ect.

Also how good is Washington? He showed more form than all of the current title holders with the exception of AJ, gave Wilder a very competitive fight and had him up on the cards before he got stopped. Who can he beat in the division?

How about Shannon Briggs? Is there any of the top Heavyweights he could beat at his advanced age?

I need to see a little bit more of these current HW's, so based on what I've seen I'd go with..

1. W.Klitschko
2. Haye
3. Ruiz Jr
4. Povetkin
5. Stiverne
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2017, 12:28 AM
RE: Top 5 current Heavyweights without a world title.
(03-03-2017 12:19 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Who are the best HW at the moment who don't hold a world title?

You got Klitschko, Ortiz, Chisora, Whyte, Ruiz Jr, Haye, Stiverne, Pulev, Breazeale, Povetkin, Browne ect.

Also how good is Washington? He showed more form than all of the current title holders with the exception of AJ, gave Wilder a very competitive fight and had him up on the cards before he got stopped. Who can he beat in the division?

How about Shannon Briggs? Is there any of the top Heavyweights he could beat at his advanced age?

I need to see a little bit more of these current HW's, so based on what I've seen I'd go with..

1. W.Klitschko
2. Haye
3. Ruiz Jr
4. Povetkin
5. Stiverne

Washington looked more composed than I expected him to be, to be honest. But as Donald Trump might say, 'he was low energy.' He had to take some risks and I didn't see him go in there and really try and win it. I think he may end up being a good gatekeeper type fighter in the division.

Your top 5 looks pretty good, I'm just wondering if I would put Takam in there ahead of Stiverne. Chisora and Whyte both showed a bit in their respective fight or was it because they were both not so good that it looked competitive??

On his record alone Wlad deserves to be #1 but I reckon he is shot and Joshua will blow him out in 3 or less. Haye I just have no way to gauge as he hasn't fought anyone since his return and does anyone know how Povetkin is without the juice? Miller I'm waiting to have a step-up fight. There is a TON of interesting match-ups to be made underneath the champions but it being boxing none of them will get made.

Has anyone seen that young 19 year old Brit that supposedly gave Joshua a rough time in sparring? I've seen a couple of people comment that is the real next big thing at HW, but I haven't seen him at all.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-03-2017, 01:49 PM
I'd plump for:

1. Ike Ibeabuchi Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Seriously...

1. Wladimir Klitcshko
2. Alexander Povetkin
3. Luis Ortiz
4. Lucas Browne
5. Artur Szpilka
6. David Haye (who is better than some of the above but hasn't got the recent resume to show for it yet)
7. Andy Ruiz Jr
8. Ruslan Chagaev
9. Bermane Stiverne
10. Dominic Brezeale

Black
03-03-2017, 08:32 PM
(03-03-2017 01:49 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  I'd plump for:

1. Ike Ibeabuchi Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Seriously...

1. Wladimir Klitcshko
2. Alexander Povetkin
3. Luis Ortiz
4. Lucas Browne
5. Artur Szpilka
6. David Haye (who is better than some of the above but hasn't got the recent resume to show for it yet)
7. Andy Ruiz Jr
8. Ruslan Chagaev
9. Bermane Stiverne
10. Dominic Brezeale

Black

Gee you've got Browne high. I'm not sure he's in my top 10.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-03-2017, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2017 09:41 PM by ViperSniper.)
I had never heard of Miller till 4 days ago when I stumbled along this vid of him & Stiverne getting in a near altercation in the gym where Briggs had to break it up..

Apparently this all began over a social media "beef" between Jarrell Miller and Trevor Bryan, where Stiverne got involved..they challenged Miller to come to their gym in Florida and he did (although Bryan wasn't at the gym that day)..but Stiverne was and this is what happened..

This is when Miller & Bryan finally stepped in the ring and sparred.
Forget the sparring session though..this is all about SHANNON BRIGGS haha!! See Briggs play hypeman/commentator furing their session. Briggs is seriously the biggest, most hilarious champ! I've become a huge fan lol

You also got Evander Holyfield, Riddick Bowe & Michael Moore watching along. Awsome vid..

03-04-2017, 04:56 AM
(03-03-2017 08:32 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Gee you've got Browne high. I'm not sure he's in my top 10.

He beat Chagaev, who I thought was top five at the time, so as much as I don't think he's good enough to beat anyone else in the top ten, he does deserve it IMO.

Black
03-04-2017, 05:04 AM
(03-04-2017 04:56 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  He beat Chagaev, who I thought was top five at the time, so as much as I don't think he's good enough to beat anyone else in the top ten, he does deserve it IMO.

Black

Fair enough if that is your criteria. I never had Chagaev that high at the time they fought, which is where we get the different ranking.

03-05-2017, 06:14 AM
I assume David Haye will now be taken from these lists and thrown in the sea after lastnight....

Losing to Tony Bellew under any circumstances is an outright embarrasment.
03-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Fucking crazy.

Black
03-06-2017, 09:03 PM
The guy tore in Achilles. Man that's not joke. Props to hin for staying in there tho... those guys should rematch. I really wanted to see Haye vs Joshua.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Worst World Title Fight (or main event) in history blackbelt2003 25 1,335 05-06-2019 04:06 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Most unsuccessful World title attempts. TheTeddyBear 13 5,636 05-06-2019 02:45 AM
Last Post: JONdaCON
  JMM is given fourth world title making history. ViperSniper 8 4,382 06-30-2012 12:48 AM
Last Post: BrutalBodyShots

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)