Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins?
Ward by decision
Ward by KO/TKO
Kovalev by decision
Kovalev by KO/TKO
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Ward-Kovalev II set for June 17th in Vegas
04-04-2017, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2017 12:55 AM by ViperSniper.)
Ward-Kovalev II set for June 17th in Vegas
The rematch between Ward & Kovalev has been signed for June 17th. This rematch had to happen & is still one of the best fights in the sport, as both are arguably the two best in the division AND in the world. Both also arguably won the first fight. Can't wait for this one.

Who takes this rematch?

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/ward-kov...gas-399651
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2017, 06:16 PM
RE: Ward-Kovalev II set for June 17th in Vegas
Amazing that this is coming so soon and seems to have come out of the blue. Excellent rematch to make and hard to call but I reckon Ward wins again this time and deserves the nod this time (As I thought he did last time but many didn't)
04-04-2017, 08:51 PM
Ward by dominant Dec unless Kov pulls a "no mas" after 9..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2017, 10:27 PM
I think Ward wins this one after Kov took the 1st. I get the feeling that Ward is the type of fighter that will do better in rematches. He strikes me as avery cerebral type of fighter.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-04-2017, 11:08 PM
I think that Ward takes the rematch. He'll enter the fight with a better game plan than he had the first time. I think that Kovalev fought his best fight already, so any improvement by Ward should take it.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2017, 09:08 AM
This will be a bit like the first fight but minus the knockdown and Kov's surprise domination in the first three rounds.

A much better prepared Ward who fully respects Kov's abilities will win another decision.

Black
04-05-2017, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2017 01:01 AM by ViperSniper.)
I can see this fight being better than the first. We've never seen Ward in a rematch and we know Kov has done well in rematches. I'd imagine both men have things to prove here and also have things to work on from their first.

Although I picked Ward in the first but gave it to Kovalev by a point, this is a 50/50 kind of fight to call. Not sure who I'll be picking here. I feel both gave eachother their toughest fight and we will see a different fight here.

I expect both to try pick up an early lead with Ward moving, boxing and clinching more, while Kovalev will fight a more aggressive, & throw more. Kov knows he can hurt Ward and will come into the fight not wanting to risk leaving it to the judges again.

Alot is on the line here. I got both men as the best in the world and it's not often the two best get to fight once, let alone twice. (Many have had Ward, Kovalev, Gonzalez or Golovkin at #1 recently and all 4 have arguably lost their last fights). Whoever wins will secure the top of the p4p list here.

Word is Rigonduex-Flores is on the undercard which would be a night jammed with the best fighters under the one roof. Looking forward to this one.
04-05-2017, 09:59 AM
What could Kovalev do differently?
04-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Well I guess landing more cleanly/frequently, whether that's by measuring, feinting, jabbing, cutting the ring better or trying to move more. Kovalev could always try catch Ward early again and try secure an early night. Kov stunned Ward with a jab in the first round and had him dropped and hurt in the second.

There is nothing stopping Kov from coming out throwing more punches and with more intent. Kovalev may not be as all round, skilled and talented as Ward but is still a very good fighter with decent skills and that brute power..
04-05-2017, 12:05 PM
I think Kov being more aggressive would be a mistake. It was his long range boxing that gave Ward a problem last time around. Kov going forwards would play into Ward's hands.

But then again I think Ward will be better prepared for his long game, too, so it's difficult to see what Kovalev can do better this time around.

Black

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kovalev V Ward Nov19 lloyd mayflower 143 75,777 01-01-2017 05:50 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
Star It's Official! Kovalev-Ward on November 19th. ViperSniper 113 51,174 07-10-2016 07:19 AM
Last Post: Method
  Ward vs Kovalev (apparently signed) Fitz 12 8,497 05-07-2016 07:57 PM
Last Post: BrutalBodyShots

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)