Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins?
Ward by decision
Ward by KO/TKO
Kovalev by decision
Kovalev by KO/TKO
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Ward-Kovalev II set for June 17th in Vegas
04-08-2017, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2017 01:31 PM by ViperSniper.)
RE: Ward-Kovalev II set for June 17th in Vegas
Rewatched the fight again and thought Kovalev still won (little more clearly this time around). Many rounds where a punch or two could have determined who got the round.

Ward did incredibly well to not only stay in the fight but to make the comeback he did. Although I gave the fight to Kovalev, Ward appeared to be the more focused of the two through out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2017, 12:28 PM
One thing Kov could do differently is his inside game. Throw an uppercut or a check hook when Ward tries to smother him. His lack of an inside game is what cost him the first fight.
04-08-2017, 10:37 PM
How about in the rematch Kovalev could throw punches to the body starting in the first round instead of waiting until the final third of the fight? That would make a huge difference, IMO.

Where is the rematch going to be? The first one was far too distant from Ward's home turf as it was in Vegas, so no doubt the rematch will have to be at the Staples Center, maybe even closer to home?
04-08-2017, 10:55 PM
BBS the fight is being held at the Mandalay Bay in Vegas. I noticed that too rewatching the fight that Kov got to Ward later in the fight with body shots. They appeared to have an effect on Ward. Kov should really work behind the jab and go to the chest too. It seems many are sleeping on Kov already here.
04-08-2017, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2017 11:42 PM by and the NEW.)
I reckon this one will be down to the wire yet again!

A coin flip IMO.

I hope if it is close again, Kov gets the rightful decision this time!

Either guy will have to face Gvozdyk and Beterbiev next, either who could upset the apple cart! Hopefully these guys fight for the right to challenge the winner!
04-09-2017, 12:13 AM
Ey ATN..who has a better shot against the top 2 out of Gvozdyk or Beterbiev? I've only seen Beterbiev and think he would have better chance against Kovalev than Ward. Gvozdyk I know nothing of
04-09-2017, 12:33 AM
Not sure Viper. I also think Beterbiev could be a horror matchup for Kovalev. A guy who will bull Kovalev, and Kovalev can't fight on the back foot, nor on the inside. So unless he can stop Beterbiev, he is in for a very very long night, and Beterbiev looks like he has been raised by beasts in the mountains of Russia somewhere, so I imagine he can take a hell of a punch!

I think Gvozdyk is a better boxer though.
04-18-2017, 03:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjswwE6seWM

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-18-2017, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2017 09:28 PM by ViperSniper.)
Man Kovalev looks like he is in NO MOOD here. He has been pissed the moment they announced the decision for the last fight.. Kovalev means business here telling Ward he will end his career before taking off lol

04-19-2017, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2017 06:45 AM by and the NEW.)
The more this fight builds up, the more I can't stand Ward again. He seems so smug all the time, like he has something to say, but doesn't need to because he is so far ahead of everybody else with his god-like morals!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Kovalev V Ward Nov19 lloyd mayflower 143 75,777 01-01-2017 05:50 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
Star It's Official! Kovalev-Ward on November 19th. ViperSniper 113 51,174 07-10-2016 07:19 AM
Last Post: Method
  Ward vs Kovalev (apparently signed) Fitz 12 8,497 05-07-2016 07:57 PM
Last Post: BrutalBodyShots

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)