Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

HEAVYWEIGHT ACTION!!!!!
04-18-2017, 08:23 PM
HEAVYWEIGHT ACTION!!!!!
Yeah....you read that right! I know the two words usually don't go together the last decade or so...but I'm seeing a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. At least for the next few months....then it will most likely return to total shit again.

But...it got my ass to log on and post...so that's a good thing.

1.) Wlad/Joshua in a little over a week. Being aired on HBO too! I'm picking Joshua in this one...I think Wlad has been on the shelf too long and that helps him zero with a young, strong buck like Joshua...cannot say 100% KO win...as I think Wlad's sheer size and ability may enable him to tough it out.

2.)May 27th...Robert Helenius Vs. Dereck Chisora in a rematch from their close fight back in 2011. Have no idea on this one as they are both way older now. I always wondered why they never tried to make more money with Helenius instead of keeping him locked away in Finland...he has decent ability and is HUGE...the guy has a heck of a resume of NAMED guys he has beaten....which is almost impossible to even have nowadays...

3.)June 3rd....in what has got to be one of the more bizarre matchups I've seen in awhile....Briggs Vs. Fres.....on paper this is such a terrible mismatch for Briggs...BUT...it is for the WBA HW title...so I do understand why he jumped at the chance...but I don't see him winning against Fres...unless he catches him early....if not...it will be a LOOOOONNNGG boring UD win for Fres. But then again..Fres has not fought since losing to Chagaev in 2014...so he might be done too. Interesting just due to all the question marks.

4.) May 6th you have Hughie Fury and Parker....Tyson Fury's brother...two undefeated guys at 20-0 each.

AND...I have to say I really like this Bellew guy, after watching him destroy Flores and Haye back to back....he needs to enter into the HW division...I think he might provide for some good tests...I don't see him as another Adamak at all....

AND....you also have Hasim Rahman Jr. fighting a couple of times in the next few months as well as James Morrison....son of Tommy Morrison...he looks more like his dad than Trey Lippe does....it's kind of weird watching all these guys sons come into the sport....makes me feel old as hell.

AND....for those that care....James Toney fights some dude with 20 losses on May 13th.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2017, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2019 06:25 AM by ViperSniper.)
RE: HEAVYWEIGHT ACTION!!!!!
Good to see you make this thread BGv4.0!
The Heavyweight division has picked up some excitement and momentum in the past 18+ months.

I am super pumped for Joshua-Klitschko. This fight feels more important than Klitschko's first fight with Fury and one of the fights that should be a big/massive win, regardless of who takes it. AJ has a very big opportunity to make a statement and an even bigger name for himself whereas Wladimir could capture his most important victory of his career.

What would it mean for the division and Wladimir's career if he could recapture the HW belt against Joshua?

Helenius seemed like he was going to be a dangerous force years back and went totally quite..it seems his career has been poorly managed despite getting some good names on his resume.

I had no idea Briggs-Oquendo was for the WBA belt. Odd fight but what does Fres have which makes you think he'll beat Briggs? I hope you're wrong. Let's Go Champ lol

Who do you think would be an appropriate opponent for Tyson Fury's return fight?
04-19-2017, 06:38 AM
I'm actually more excited to see Joshua vs Klit than I have been for any heavyweight fight in a long time!

Wilder vs Joshua down the track will be the biggest fight though!

Tyson Fury is definitely a wild card also, if he comes back, he could mix things up a bit. I look forward to seeing if Hughie is as talented, a comfortable win over Parker would really put him in the mix with these guys. Vice-versa, if Parker can win, he sets up a future showdown with the big dawgs of the division!
04-19-2017, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2017 09:16 AM by Fitz.)

04-19-2017, 09:28 AM
Assuming Joshua gets past Klitschko, Joshua-Fury would be gigantic and after that winner faces Wilder would be epic
04-19-2017, 10:41 AM
I'm all in on Joshua as the guy to save the division...

BUT...

Wlad is going to fuck things up and win.
04-19-2017, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2017 11:44 AM by BGv4.0.)
(04-18-2017 09:12 PM)ViperSniper Wrote:  Odd fight but what does Fres have which makes you think he'll beat Briggs? I hope you're wrong. Let's Go Champ lol

Who do you think would be an appropriate opponent for Tyson Fury's return fight?

Fres is not an ideal opponent for Briggs, now or ever....he's a HW with decent movement and can be pretty quick...that can and very well might mean death to Briggs as he NEEDS a guy that will sit down and bang with him....for sure at this point in his career. If Fres has even 50% of what he was a decade ago....he can box circles around any version of Briggs. BUT....that's the thing...I last saw Fres live in SA against Holyfield in 07...have not seen him since...so I don't know if he has slowed...naturally I'm sure he has just due to age....but I don't know if he's fat now...but I do know he has been inactive for some time now...and that's not good for him either....but Briggs can be painfully plodding at times...and his punches are as slow as molasses...and that was several years ago when he fought the likes of Liachovitch....cannot imagine him being any quicker all these years later.

Believe it or not...I'd like to see Fury fight Haye. IMO...it's a perfect comeback fight for him with little risk and high gains win or lose. Haye looked like absolute garbage in his last fight...age, injury and inactivity have clearly taken their toll on his ability....the fight would be HUGE in England despite both men not being at the top of their games at the moment....so the money would be huge....

AND....if he wins...he gets a nice comeback against a named opponent...plus a huge payday. If he losses it's against a named opponent and he can always say, I had too much ring rust.....plus a huge payday. AND...should it be close either way...they can always make money off a rematch....to me....that's a no brainer...and after his pitiful showing in his last fight I think Haye would be desperate enough to take the fight.
04-19-2017, 01:41 PM
(04-19-2017 09:15 AM)Fitz Wrote:  İmage

This entire Twitter war just makes me immediately aware of how thick boxers are.

Joshua speaks with intelligence and seems engaging enough...but he obviously skipped English classes at school. To see grown men type in TXT SPK pushes my inner rage to its limits.

Black
04-19-2017, 08:55 PM
First Christ sakes, Fury couldnt even spell "KO" correctly...

And Joshua doesnt KNOW the difference in KNOW and NO... lol
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-19-2017, 10:44 PM
(04-19-2017 08:55 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  First Christ sakes, Fury couldnt even spell "KO" correctly...

And Joshua doesnt KNOW the difference in KNOW and NO... lol

The Joshua one really ground my gears, LOL. As for Fury I think you'll find the spelling was entirely correct. Tyson Fury as we know is a God among men and when he shares a ring with Joshua he will 'ok' him, which essentially means he will guarantee Joshua's arrival into heaven once he departs this earth, which could possibly be during their fight should he trifle too much with the fists of Fury.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The ChuCha Room is still taking action SmartyBeardo 2 2,168 11-12-2011 08:08 PM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)