Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

HEAVYWEIGHT ACTION!!!!!
07-30-2017, 06:05 PM
RE: HEAVYWEIGHT ACTION!!!!!
(07-30-2017 10:13 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  I wasn't impressed with Miller..he just walked himself in against a fighter who is too passive to make any serious noise. Washington showed in the 6th possibly what he is capable of when he started the round off trying to make a statement and did for the 30 seconds or so he was throwing meaningful shots and knocking Miller around but then appeared discouraged when Miller was still on his feet.

Miller appears to be such a thick strong dude so I was shocked to learn during the fight that he was a former kick boxer! He was able to walk in and eventually walk Washington down who wasn't firing back with anything too concerning.

Miller did show he is more than happy to throw some serious leather if he is given the opportunity and could make for some tough entertaining fights. Maybe he could focus on a name like a Chisora or an Arreola soon..

This. I was shocked to see washington breathing heavy after the 1st round! It's like he had no idea how to deal wit the simple pressure of a guy walking straight to him. Even his trainer picked up on it telling him, 'he can only do this for 3 rounds.' Amazing to think that a guy who fought for a world title can't deal with the simple pressure of a dude walking straight to him. Miller looked slow as fuxk to me but he does look like he can definitely take punishment. I see Joshua doing to him what Klit did to Briggs all those years ago.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2017, 11:30 PM
How would have fights played out between Toney-Haye-Ademak at Heavyweight on their best nights in that division? All 3 were smaller accomplished men who entered the divisions around the same era, each finding small success. Who would have won had they all fought?
08-13-2017, 03:08 AM
Haye would have won them all. Too fast and skilful and stylistically wrong for Toney.

Toney looked great against lumbering guys (like old Holy or Ruiz) but wouldn't have touched Haye.

Adamek/Toney would have been a nice back and forth but Toney was probably slightly too clever for him and would win a UD.

Black
08-13-2017, 03:20 AM
I feel Haye beats Toney with his speed and movement but would struggle much more with Ademak..possibly losing a close decision. Toney-Ademak would have been pretty competitive with Toney winning a fight he gets pushed throughout.
10-28-2017, 08:11 PM
Anyone catch the Joshua fight?? I read that Joshua got his nose broken by a headbutt in the 2nd & that the stoppage was bad!

Also Whyte clearly beating Helenius!
10-30-2017, 10:42 AM
Initially watching it the stoppage looked bad but looking at the replay it was a good stoppage. Too many unanswered shots and even tho he had worse moments earlier in the fight he wasn't going to buy a miracle and stop Joshua with a lucky punch. He was saved from taking too much damage.
10-30-2017, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2017 07:57 PM by ViperSniper.)
I got around to watching it and it was a good scrap with the broken nose making the fight. The moment it happened AJ wanted to be out of the ring asap and started putting more on his shots.
The stoppage was bad..Takam was still very live at that point, despite being busted. I don't think the fight was expected to drag out and when it did it was important for the fight to not go longer than Povetkins. AJ looked good and would have Decagon's head spinning with all those right hooks of his!
10-31-2017, 11:03 AM
Whyte wants Wilder. I’d like to see that.

Maybe finally fight a guy who is a professional boxer and is currently active.
10-31-2017, 12:34 PM
LOL. Nice reference to "There is no such thing as a right hook" Decagon, Viper. What a turd.
10-31-2017, 07:58 PM
lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The ChuCha Room is still taking action SmartyBeardo 2 2,168 11-12-2011 08:08 PM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)