Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins?
Canelo by KO/TKO
Canelo by decision
GGG by KO/TKO
GGG by decision
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Canelo-GGG offcially signed for September 16th
05-07-2017, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2017 11:28 AM by ViperSniper.)
Canelo-GGG offcially signed for September 16th
Fights on!

Who takes this and how?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2017, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 12:40 AM by and the NEW.)
RE: Canelo-Golovkin offcially signed for September 16th
Was there an announcement after the fight in the ring Viper? The stream I watched didn't have any post fight interviews!

I got Canelo at $4.60 despite thinking GGG would win (thought it was much closer than those odds though)! But that seems like truly ridiculous odds now. I'm much closer to thinking this is a 50/50 now!
05-07-2017, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 01:03 AM by ViperSniper.)
Yup! Best part of the fight. Canelo calls out GGG after the fight..Max Kellerman introduces Canelo's "next opponent"...lights go out, GGG has his own entrance comes into the ring and the fight was announced!!

Man as much as ive always been critical of GGG and can't stand Canelo now...fans HAVE been sleeping on Canelo in this matchup for years! Canelo gives GGG a tough fight and is hands down GGG's toughest opponent of his career. This fight NEEDED to happen and feel the timing and buildup is good.
05-07-2017, 01:01 AM
Nice, I'll have to try watch that post fight announcement when it goes up on youtube.

The big fights are all happening this year, epic year for boxing, it needed it after heading for life support in recent years!

I'll have to sit on it a while before I decide who will win this fight, at this point I would say its a toss up!
05-07-2017, 01:05 AM
What weight class?
05-07-2017, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 01:06 AM by ViperSniper.)
2016 in boxing was shocking. 2017 has been great for the sport so far.

Exactly War..that's what I wanna know.
05-07-2017, 01:10 AM
Who you got Viper?
05-07-2017, 01:54 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2017 05:50 AM by ViperSniper.)
Like you ATN..I'll have to sit on this for a while and wait till the fight gets closer. However I've always given Canelo a massive shot from the moment the fight was talked about.

Even when fight fans weren't given Canelo a shot and saying a Golovkin win is a given..it's not, then or now because who the fuck has GGG ever beaten to suggest he is as good as the media have told us? No one.

Not saying GGG isn't good or talented..but he has got to be the most overhyped and overrated fighters I've come across. The media have been shoving those letters GGG in everyones faces and building him up, some have had him as the best fighter in the world or had him way too high on lists without even beating the best of his division or ever beat anyone elite.

GGG has never fought someone of Canelo's caliber, not to mention, Canelo's boxing skills don't get enough mention. He isn't some 1D power puncher..Canelo has enough solid skills to at least box, move & jab. As I write this..Canelo has a great chance of hurting and beating GGG.

In hindsight..I feel Canelo would have always fought GGG (his career suggests he isn't afraid of taking tough fights and stepping in with the best) & this was a promotional way of being safe and stretching their money for as long as possible before making the big fight! Hopefully after this fight we can get less BS from Canelo and he can continue with his career the way he was before his disgraceful "Middleweight" run.
05-07-2017, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 02:13 AM by and the NEW.)
Yeah, GGG at the top of P4P lists is a joke. He is def in the top 10 though IMO given the way he has blown out decent competition (but the lack of beating elite fighters keeps him from nearing the top). I think some are underrating him after the Jacobs fight though. Jacobs far outweighed him, but more than that, he was just awkward for GGG, moved, switched southpaw. These are things Canelo can't do.

Canelo isn't a guy who can box and move, and if he stands in the pocket and tries to take shots like he did with Chavez, he is in serious danger against GGG. Even against Cotto, he rolled with the shots more, but still, that isn't a safe strategy against GGG. Staying in the pocket against GGG hasn't proved a good strategy for absolutely anybody, in amateur (at the highest level over 300+ fights) or pro.

On the other hand, GGG is slowing down I feel, he can't sustain the pressure he used to. But he is still close enough to his prime. Canelo has excellent timing, so I expect him to be looking to counter GGG like nobody before has. Canelo actually throws shots somewhat similar to Kell Brook, similar speed and technique - so I can see him really landing some hurt on GGG also.

At this point, I would probably given Canelo the edge as far as who will score more, but GGG the edge in landing a brutal shot or putting Canelo on the canvas.

I could actually see this being an epic, with Canelo hitting the deck once or twice and also busting GGG up pretty bad. I hope that is the outcome in what is likely to be boxing's highest profile fight in a while!
05-07-2017, 04:06 AM
GGG by KO9...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Canelo NOT Fighting September 14 JD 17 853 07-25-2019 01:39 PM
Last Post: JD
Star Canelo-GGG II signed for September 15th! ViperSniper 179 24,774 06-22-2019 06:04 AM
Last Post: Imperius3
  Alvarez-Chavez signed!!! September 13th! Mexicana!!! ViperSniper 8 5,857 08-02-2014 12:43 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)