Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins?
Canelo by KO/TKO
Canelo by decision
GGG by KO/TKO
GGG by decision
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Canelo-GGG offcially signed for September 16th
05-07-2017, 01:20 PM
RE: Canelo-Golovkin offcially signed for September 16th
GGG tries to box with Canelo after tasting a few counter punches and gets out boxed.

Canelo wins a disappointing UD.

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2017, 01:29 PM
GGG

Canelo doesn't fight backing up. He better learn how.

Jacobs was the tougher fight.
05-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Jr has always been slow, lazy and shitty. This fight didn't prove anything. As overrated as Golovkin has been he's still the better fighter and Canelo's only chance of winning is going 12 and robbing him.
05-07-2017, 03:51 PM
Yes, exactly right. I don't think he can though, assuming GGG doesn't have to suck down to make some ridiculous catch-weight.
05-07-2017, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 04:59 PM by JONdaCON.)
Yea in the ring GGG looked a few inches Taller, Longer and wont be drained.

Fighting Chavez might have actually HURT Canelo. It was suppose to be in preparation for a big solid MW who would bully you to the ropes and pound away at your head and body. Instead, Chavez was content with being outboxed in the middle of the ring and offered nothing of a look as to what it'd be like vs GGG.

I think they trade Jabs early, Canelo gets his head snapped from one and instantly will realize he's in there with an Elite. Which he hasnt been in there with since Floyd, and even THAT fight wont resemble GGG.

Someone pressing, stalking, walking you down, making you fight baccwards hasn't happened yet for Canelo.. he's gonna be in for a rude awakening.

And maybe it was just me, but Canelo seemed pissed and pretty nervous after asking "where's GGG"?..... then the lights go out, this KO montage starts and a 10min ring walk all had him standing there looking shook.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-08-2017, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2017 06:00 AM by ViperSniper.)
(05-07-2017 04:58 PM)JONdaCON Wrote:  Yea in the ring GGG looked a few inches Taller, Longer and wont be drained.

Fighting Chavez might have actually HURT Canelo. It was suppose to be in preparation for a big solid MW who would bully you to the ropes and pound away at your head and body. Instead, Chavez was content with being outboxed in the middle of the ring and offered nothing of a look as to what it'd be like vs GGG.

I think they trade Jabs early, Canelo gets his head snapped from one and instantly will realize he's in there with an Elite. Which he hasnt been in there with since Floyd, and even THAT fight wont resemble GGG.

Someone pressing, stalking, walking you down, making you fight baccwards hasn't happened yet for Canelo.. he's gonna be in for a rude awakening.

And maybe it was just me, but Canelo seemed pissed and pretty nervous after asking "where's GGG"?..... then the lights go out, this KO montage starts and a 10min ring walk all had him standing there looking shook.

I didn't notice that..however my father made a similar comment saying that Canelo looked uncomfortable next to GGG..he did make a quick exit I noticed. If anything I felt GGG seemed a bit timid..then again he isn't a talker & it was probably the biggest moment of his career lol

I was actually surprised to see GGG was taller than Canelo.
Also..boxing really needs to announce big fights like that more often. Never seen an announcement like that and felt it was fkn awsome!
05-08-2017, 12:43 PM
I can do without the WWE theatrics. That was lame IMHO....

But...now that the fight is on. It's not an easy pick in my mind....the only thing I don't trust is GGG not fighting anybody....and Canelo in with the likes of Floyd, Cotto, Khan, etc. Seems like a mismatch when you look at their compared opposition. But I do believe he will give Canelo a more pressing fight....there were times when Chavez looked like he could have had more success had he made Canelo go back...but the guy would always step back....that was very frustrating to watch. I don't think GGG will do that....he's going to come forward the whole fight, which will make it tougher for Canelo.
05-08-2017, 02:37 PM
He didn't come forwards the whole fight versus Jacobs. As much of a monster as GGG is, he doesn't walk through punches like a LaMotta or Marciano. When he gets hit hard, or anticipates being hit hard, he keeps his distance. He boxed sensibly vs Lemieux and seemed afraid to commit vs Jacobs like he did when he was in with a Monroe or Geale.

Alvarez has comparable power to Jacobs (maybe a touch less but better accuracy) and I don't see GGG going forwards non stop like some are saying. This will be more of a boxing match, and one that will see Canelo dominate the pace for the most. GGG will have his moments and make it hard work, but his pressure will falter when Canelo lands a big shot...same as it did vs Jacobs.

Black
05-08-2017, 02:53 PM
3G fights to the level of his opponent. If Canelo is an easy fight he'll fight him like its easy, if not he'll be more cautious. I think Canelo is just too slow and methodical for him
05-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Jacobs is taller, longer, faster, more athletic, more awkward, heavier and stronger than Canelo.

He doesn't have the skills or ability to punch in combination that Canelo does...but that's not what bothered GGG.

Jacobs will prove to be a tougher fight.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Canelo NOT Fighting September 14 JD 17 853 07-25-2019 01:39 PM
Last Post: JD
Star Canelo-GGG II signed for September 15th! ViperSniper 179 24,774 06-22-2019 06:04 AM
Last Post: Imperius3
  Alvarez-Chavez signed!!! September 13th! Mexicana!!! ViperSniper 8 5,857 08-02-2014 12:43 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)