Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins?
Canelo by KO/TKO
Canelo by decision
GGG by KO/TKO
GGG by decision
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Canelo-GGG offcially signed for September 16th
05-09-2017, 02:58 AM
RE: Canelo-Golovkin offcially signed for September 16th
I think it's Canelo's accuracy and punch picking that will be the key in this. He will nail GGG with enough sporadic but hard shots to keep him humble. GGG has to make Canelo work hard for twelve rounds to stand a chance. I don't think he can apply that pressure against such a high caliber opponent and the lower tier guys he's been fighting have flattered him.

Black
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2017, 03:09 AM
Canelo's opponents have been worse than Golovkin's. Canelo hasn't even fought a real mw, Cotto didnt even consider himself a mw since thatd mean a Golovkin fight was possible.
05-09-2017, 03:11 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 03:11 AM by JONdaCON.)
GGG isnt gonna be as flat footed as 90% of Canelos opponents. He's gonna figure out the distance and box with him. I think the he's the better boxer and the size advantage for GGG will pay dividends.

Im hoping he chooses to walk Canelo down behind a stiff jab, force him to the ropes, pounds body then head and KOs the ginger fucc into oblivion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2017, 10:57 AM
GGG's jab will land a lot.

Jacobs left was longer and faster than we expected. It was more effective than any single punch Canelo has.
05-09-2017, 01:31 PM
I think you're all rating Jacobs so highly based on his showing against GGG.

He didn't do anything brilliantly or new...but revisionism is making him out to be some kind of p4p guy.

Canelo is far better than Jacobs.

Black
05-09-2017, 05:30 PM
It's funny you say that, Black. Canelo only turned into a power puncher after stopping Kirkland. Wouldn't the same thing apply to him?
05-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Jacobs performance against GGG exceeds anything Canelo has done in the past 2 or 3 years.
05-09-2017, 11:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 11:19 PM by JONdaCON.)
I think you got it baccwards BLK... Jacobs is a tougher fight for GGG stylistically and maybe even the better fighter.

Jacobs is awkward, slicc, rangier, taller, longer, good footwork and good pop in both hands.. not to mention he seems like a guy who's wise beyond years, especially having stared death in the face.

Canelo has great upper body movement, a good right up top and good left hook to the body.

His negatives are he's flat footed, has questionable stamina. He's made a career out of bullying smaller guys(Hatton, Smith, Lopez), KOing chinny fighters(Kirkland, Khan) or outboxing the retarded level boxing IQ guys (Angulo, Chavez, Kirkland)...

Lara was a decent, controversial win... Trout was the same... even Mayweather was a controversial loss.

Canelos good but he's also overrated. I would've liked to see him in vs the Charlos and Andrade. At 160... Lemy, Charlo, Jacobs are a must... Saunders would be a bit too easy imo. I think id prefer to see Canelo vs Eubank Jr....

Oh and maybe a Quillin type as well... is he still at 60?

You can bet GB will line up someone like Stevens or Rosado after GGG then look for Lemy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2017, 02:55 AM
Fine, fine, fine.

Canelo wins this. I promise you all.

Black
05-10-2017, 04:32 AM
Jon.... Did you just say Mayweather was a controversial loss for Canelo?

Cos I could swear you just said Mayweather was a controversial loss for Canelo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Canelo NOT Fighting September 14 JD 17 853 07-25-2019 01:39 PM
Last Post: JD
Star Canelo-GGG II signed for September 15th! ViperSniper 179 24,774 06-22-2019 06:04 AM
Last Post: Imperius3
  Alvarez-Chavez signed!!! September 13th! Mexicana!!! ViperSniper 8 5,857 08-02-2014 12:43 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)