Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

R.I.P Chris Cornell
05-18-2017, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2017 06:07 AM by ViperSniper.)
R.I.P Chris Cornell
Just heard 30mins ago that frontman for Soundgarden & Audioslave, Chris Cornell has passed away. Shocked and shit news to hear.

So glad I finally got the chance to see Soundgarden perform live 3 years ago and did not disappoint!

One of the best rock vocalist to come out of the 90's rock scene!

R.I.P - Chris Cornell
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2017, 12:12 AM
RE: R.I.P Chris Cornell
Yeah...man...that was a shock to me. That means of the big 5 grudge bands that pioneered the genre....only one remains....Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam.

I don't think anyone was shocked with Layne Staley or Scott Weiland....their drug habits being so well known. And....although at the time shocking...in hindsight Cobain's suicide could be less surprising due to the stomach issues...and being married to Love...

But I really felt Cornell was out of the woods....married with kids...sober for some time....band still selling out decent arenas.....im glad I saw him Live.

RIP
05-21-2017, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2017 12:58 AM by ViperSniper.)
(05-21-2017 12:12 AM)BGv4.0 Wrote:  Yeah...man...that was a shock to me. That means of the big 5 grudge bands that pioneered the genre....only one remains....Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam.

I don't think anyone was shocked with Layne Staley or Scott Weiland....their drug habits being so well known. And....although at the time shocking...in hindsight Cobain's suicide could be less surprising due to the stomach issues...and being married to Love...

But I really felt Cornell was out of the woods....married with kids...sober for some time....band still selling out decent arenas.....im glad I saw him Live.

RIP

Exactly. I noticed that too how Eddie Vedder is the last remaining front man from the major grunge bands. Scott Weiland was far from surprising and in hindsight Cobain's death shouldn't be as shocking either.

Cornell I also thought was out if the woods and came across more together than the others. The guy had a pretty colourful career eith Temple Of The Dog, Soundgarden, Audioslave and of course his solo work. I really regret never seeing Audioslave live but Soundgarden 3 years back was awsome!

When did you see him live and through what act?

R.I.P Chris Cornell

Amazing song and boxing related video clip.

05-21-2017, 04:13 AM
About 3 years ago, they opened for Nine Inch Nails. Kind of an odd pairing.... but it was awesome.
05-21-2017, 05:17 AM
I'm assuming Soundgarden then. We must have seen them the same year. I've also seen NIN live also

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)