Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Broner v Garcia
06-02-2017, 12:12 AM
RE: Broner v Garcia
Broner to spend the whole second half of the fight doing the Mosley face whilst getting lit up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2017, 02:44 AM
Mosley actually had a prime to reminisce on when he's getting fucked up
06-02-2017, 03:18 AM
In all seriousness, Broner is a lot of what's wrong with modern boxing...but he's also old school in the sense he'll fight anyone at any weight.

He is also always in entertaining fights, win or lose. Whilst he's characterised himself as a cartoon villain who everyone loves to hate (and it's not been entirely intentional), at heart he's a warrior who gives value for money.

Black
06-02-2017, 08:24 PM
Porter was a good fight for Broner, everyone else was handpicked and winnable
06-03-2017, 03:22 AM
I dunno...I remember thinking it was a big ask to go up to welterweight and fight Malignaggi and Maidana. I think I picked Maidana to upset him. Those were tough fights.

Black
06-03-2017, 05:11 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2017 05:12 AM by and the NEW.)
Yeah, Maidana was all wrong for Broner, same as Floyd. The way he throws shots, from off balance and wide angles is all wrong for the D they employ. Floyd should have boxed the socks off of Maiadana on pure level differences between the two, except for the bad style matchup which made it a lot closer than it should have been based on pure skill.

Garcia is going to dismantle Broner. He is a couple of levels above. Broner does best when smaller guys come straight at him. While Garcia may be smaller, he won't be walking Broner down. And Broner doesn't have the punch output to force the pace and impose his size against Garcia either. I reckon Garcia takes this easily. I hope he moves down and takes out Linares next though. I have no interest in seeing him permanently at 140 yet, he still has much to do at 135.
06-03-2017, 06:01 AM
I think Garcia-Linares is an incredible match. Linares will be a real threat early on but Garcia will put hurt on him late in the fight.

Black
06-05-2017, 04:36 AM
Broner was a solid favorite against Maidana. I picked the upset too. Fuck Broner.
06-06-2017, 10:10 AM
Not sure how folks are projecting Broner to get stopped. Like or hate him but you can't deny the fact the he has dog in him. Now it's usually too late in the fight when it comes out but he has it. Not sure how many would've been able to finish that type of fight with Maidana still walking forward in the 12th or gutted it out against Granados like that.

Broner drops Garcia on his way to a MD loss. I'm still rooting for him!
06-06-2017, 04:01 PM
When I saw King was the last poster, I was fully expecting a reply in which he predicted a Broner win!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Black

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)