Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Boxing Unfiltered - Video/Photo Thread
06-23-2014, 06:28 PM
RE: Boxing Unfiltered - Video/Photo Thread
(06-23-2014 05:58 PM)Decagon Wrote:  
(06-23-2014 06:42 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  
(06-23-2014 05:10 AM)Spyder Wrote:  He'll always have 19sec with John Ruiz, and the most punches thrown in a Heavyweight fight with Ike.

In the modern age with 4 straps in circulation it remains one of the great travesties that Tua only ever fought once for a title. It's almost actually impossible to do that.

Well, one man held three of those straps during Tua's very short prime, and a lot of heavyweights were wary of fighting for the WBO title because they'd risk losing their rankings in the other three organizations. Tua turtled up against Lennox Lewis's power, and really did nothing against Chris Byrd in their IBF eliminator.

3 guys that he beat on the way up in Rahman, Ruiz and Maskaev went on to win the title, in some cases a multiplicity of times, so clearly there were titles floating around in Tua's time.

If he had signed up with Don King do you really think he would have only got one shot?

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boxing Unfiltered - Video/Photo Thread - the ollie reed fan club - 06-23-2014 06:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Video Games Thread BigG 129 55,340 11-17-2020 11:25 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Thanks to a Boxing Unfiltered ad! BGv4.0 11 10,301 02-22-2012 09:30 PM
Last Post: Spyder

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)