Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Boxing Unfiltered - Video/Photo Thread
06-21-2017, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2017 06:14 PM by Snoop.)
RE: Boxing Unfiltered - Video/Photo Thread
(06-21-2017 03:33 PM)Spyder Wrote:  What a fucked up situation. I would've gone to the News. Local stations are always looking for stories like this. Let them shine a light on it and watch the elected officials suddenly have a change of heart.

Super fucked up, and the thing is that we definitely weren't the only ones. I'm sure we could have rallied some local property owners with us and made a thing out of it, but we started thinking about how much time and energy that would take to fight something partly based on principle. The place where I did agree with the city is that sidewalk needed to get fixed; it was a tripping hazard and if someone hurt themselves on it, who the hell knows where a potential lawsuit would have landed. We didn't really want to find out either.

It just became one of those "picking and choosing your battles" sort of things, like do we file a lawsuit, go through the media, and make an enemy of the state? There's probably a bazillion things the city could have done against us to make our lives a living hell since they also control just about every public facility. The owner ultimately decided against it and just bit the bullet. I just followed orders at that point. It did show me how much of a clusterfuck it is dealing with local government though.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boxing Unfiltered - Video/Photo Thread - Snoop - 06-21-2017 04:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Video Games Thread BigG 129 55,339 11-17-2020 11:25 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Thanks to a Boxing Unfiltered ad! BGv4.0 11 10,301 02-22-2012 09:30 PM
Last Post: Spyder

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)