Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Boxing Unfiltered - Video/Photo Thread
06-22-2017, 01:42 PM
RE: Boxing Unfiltered - Video/Photo Thread
(06-21-2017 10:59 PM)Spyder Wrote:  That is true, although retaliatory actions by the city would be a great follow-up story that newsrooms love.

It really comes down to the whole "how to deal with a bully" dilemma...do nothing and hope they leave you alone, or punch them in the mouth. If you do nothing, they may grow bored and move onto someone else. If you punch them in the mouth, they may get mad and treat you worse. The reality is that if you do nothing, they see an easy target and continue the torment. If you punch them in the mouth, even if they whoop your ass, they know now that if they pick on you they'll have to fight.

I know that it's not your money, but just something chew on.

I see where you're coming from with the analogy, but I also it's a little more nuanced in this situation, or at least, there are much greater risks at hand. The other issue is that I'm not really sure how much public support we would have gotten in the first place. Here in Seattle, landowners aren't really viewed as a party that really need "help". They're viewed more as rich land barons, which in some ways they are.

It was more of a weighing the consequences sort of thing, like if it was really worth going to battle over it. For my day-to-day life, 24k is a lot, but to an apartment budget, it's actually not that big of a hit. I think principally it was f'd up, but the amount wasn't worth what could have come back on us. And there was certainly plenty of pushback in the courts with the rental housing associations and what not, but they ultimately lost. I'd like to believe the city has some sense on how far they can push the boundaries, but I guess we'll see.

I do feel you on the whole bully thing though. I had this one experience where the city was arbitrarily charging us electric bills and when I'd ask where the charges came from, they would literally pull some bullshit out of their ass dated more than 10 years ago. They f'd up one time though and couldn't explain why they double-charged us for something and I somehow got the number to a person in a high position. I would literally call that person every 2 days to see if they figured out why we were double-charged and they kept saying they'd get back to me. After a while it was almost a joke between the two of us, but safe to say, we never saw a random charge on our ledger after that.

That was only for like $300.00 though, so there was less at risk for talking all that shit to the city. Sure was fun though.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boxing Unfiltered - Video/Photo Thread - Snoop - 06-22-2017 01:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Video Games Thread BigG 129 55,335 11-17-2020 11:25 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Thanks to a Boxing Unfiltered ad! BGv4.0 11 10,301 02-22-2012 09:30 PM
Last Post: Spyder

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)