Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Juan Manuel Marquez Retires
08-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Juan Manuel Marquez Retires
Thank you for all your great fights! Sure fire HOF.

Enjoy retirement Champ!...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXf8CtYFCsr/

Marquez is a SAVAGE for that^^^^ LMAO
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2017, 02:29 PM
RE: Juan Manuel Marquez Retires
Ahhh.... A proper retirement. Loved watching JMM even though he turned into a bit of a bellend towards the latter part of his career.

I am sure him and Rafael can enjoy getting older and telling the grandkids aboit all the people they could beat up.
Find all posts by this user
08-09-2017, 09:47 AM
The one that got away for me was Marquez-Morales.

Boy I wish that would have happened. Marquez is a clear favourite but Morales would not have taken it lying down.

Black
08-09-2017, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2017 10:04 AM by ViperSniper.)
Morales beats Marquez. Too much fighter in him for the chinny Marquez.

Prime Barrera also beats Marquez
08-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Get back your Timmy thread and let us discuss a real fighter
08-09-2017, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2017 10:22 PM by Fitz.)
Fuck him. He was always so miserable and bitter

JMM was a great fighter, but is severely overrated because he stylistically matched up very well against Pacquiao and because of Pacquiao's all time rating as an ATG, Marquez got inflated because he matched up well against him.

Morales beats Marquez IMO, and I saw enough in the Marquez vs Barrera (past his prime) to also believe a prime Barrera beats him in all close fights.
08-09-2017, 09:51 PM
I used to really admire JMM once upon a time but somewhere along the way he got overrated and annoying. I'll be happy to not see him in the media. I also believe he started juicing from his Lightweight reign. Congrats on such a career..now fuck off!
08-22-2017, 04:43 PM
(08-09-2017 09:22 PM)Fitz Wrote:  Fuck him. He was always so miserable and bitter

JMM was a great fighter, but is severely overrated because he stylistically matched up very well against Pacquiao and because of Pacquiao's all time rating as an ATG, Marquez got inflated because he matched up well against him.

Morales beats Marquez IMO, and I saw enough in the Marquez vs Barrera (past his prime) to also believe a prime Barrera beats him in all close fights.

Marquez was one of those guys that I never got tired of watching box, even when his fights were "boring", I.E the victor Polo fight.

Still, like Fitz said, the guy grew to be a bit of a dick, particularly when it came to the subject of Pacquiao.
08-23-2017, 12:25 AM
I always viewed him as a great fighter. It can be argued his only legitimate loss was to Mayweather.
08-23-2017, 12:31 AM
I've always scored the fight to Chris John over Marquez. John won the battle of the counter punching

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Juan Manuel Marquez losses ViperSniper 19 1,501 07-12-2020 01:15 PM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Chris John vs Juan Manuel Marquez II BrutalBodyShots 15 9,845 12-15-2012 06:36 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez III BigG 690 393,924 06-16-2012 12:24 PM
Last Post: SmartyBeardo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)